I found a Sightron S3 LRMD

6.5x300

Well it looks like my search is over for now for my next scope. Called all the dealers around me and one of them was able to get me a Sightron S3 6-24x50 LRMD. I called him on Friday and he got one on it's way avialble by end of week.

PM me and I'll get you his info. Or email me [email protected]

Good shooting

BT

Hope it may work out for those of you looking for this scope.

Good Shooting,

Brian

Let me know if you guys have same luck I did.

Just got of the phone with the sporting goods store where I was able to track down one of thse scopes. They mentioned that they had a few coming in for the interested callers they have gotten latly. Sounds like it may work out for us. They were expecting the scopes Friday but didn't show up so I'll check back Monday.

I bet there is still more of you looking for this scope or on a waiting list. If you are at all interested in getting one of these hard to find scopes find the dealer list for Oregon, in Baker City there is a dealer. Give him a call, ask for Jim and tell him Brian sent you.

Good shooting,

Bt

Hey man, you should've checked with me first. I can have 18 of those in hand in 3 days. Not a hard scope to get, just have to know the right guy..... Me :D

When your local guy keeps stringing you along for another week just call me and I will get you one. $750.00

How come nobody mentions the S3 10-50x60mm (LRTD, or LRFCH) models, with 30mm tube?

To me anyways, those #'s indicate significantly higher capabilites than the LRMD model. What gives? Is there something I am missing here?

I know that the Sightrons ARE high-dollar items (from MY perspective, at least). But I don't understand why such expensive products would go by such a "generic" sounding name.

How come nobody mentions the S3 10-50x60mm (LRTD, or LRFCH) models, with 30mm tube?

To me anyways, those #'s indicate significantly higher capabilites than the LRMD model. What gives? Is there something I am missing here?

I know that the Sightrons ARE high-dollar items (from MY perspective, at least). But I don't understand why such expensive products would go by such a "generic" sounding name.

It only has 50moa of travel which limits it's long range ability. I suspect that is the reason it doesn't get much long range hunting use.

That's too bad...

It really makes me wonder what it IS actually used for then. I have a hard time picturing a scope of that size being used for close-range hunting.

I've heard that it works great for sub 1k target work.

The higher magnification levels would need very solid rests (I'm thinking benchrest) to keep the picture steady. Mirage would also be tough to deal with.

You don't need high magnification for long range. Just enough to get the reticle on target.

Clear glass, tracking, and travel are just as important if not more.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.