Just received Sightron S3

Sightron just purchased my scope back from me. I have two others that I love, however the finish on the new one I just received was sub-par for a scope in that price range IMO. Mine looked just like camshafts, the OBJ ring was a dark black and the scope body was really dull. Needless to say I was very disappointed, Stightrons are a favorite of mine. I know for some it may not be an issue but to me it looked cheap. I hope they fix this issue or they may steer me back into Leupold or Vortex.

As always their customer service was top notch and they sent me a check for what I paid for it.

IMAG0054.jpg

Jon

The one on the web sight looks longer doesn't it!

Sightron Riflescopes / Binoculars / Sighting Scopes product pages. SIII Series - SIII SS 6-24X50 LRMOA

BT

Sightron quotes 14.96" in total length for the 6-24x50 and 15.35" for the 8-32x56. Was your guy's shorter?

Don't know if these numbers are going to be correct or not but I too hope they get it fixed.

BT

Last edited:
Mine is the 8-32x56 LRTD. Not the same scope. I had them check into other models for a trade out, but they seem to have had the same problem on their new stuff. However, Camshafts is and it is also off colored and it does look shorter also and his is the same as your web link.

Jon

Had my new sightron at the range today. Bore sighted it at 25yrd. Fired one shot. Mad an adjustment. Fired one at 100yards made an adjustment. Fired a 3rd for verification. It absolutely amazed me how accurate the tracking in this scope is. Took it out to 550yards right away. Glass is outstanding. I am extremely happy with my decision. Now to train my brain to think in mils..... Not as easy as I had hoped.

This is what makes my most recent Sightron so disappointing. I have 2 6-24x50 LRMD. These scopes are just down right awesome for the money. Their glass is bright and clear and I can always get back to zero with my POI. However, I feel the finish should be [FONT=&quot]consistent. Heck, I can buy a $50 scope that looks better to the eye.

Glad the new scope is working out for you!

Jon

[/FONT]

Last edited:
Has this mismatch always been a problem or just now with the new 2011 released scopes?

Do you guys notice any image quality differences between the 24x vs. the 32x variables at top end power setttings?

BT

Has this mismatch always been a problem or just now with the new 2011 released scopes?

Do you guys notice any image quality differences between the 24x vs. the 32x variables at top end power setttings?

BT

Consistent all the way through even on the 8-32 I just sent back. This is the first Sightron I have had a problem with concerning finish, my others are spot on.:D

Jon

Thanks,

That is what I needed to know. Now just to decide on 24x or 32X. Hope they get the finish figured out.

BT

I ordered one! Finally after years of wanting a SIII I think I got me the perfect scope.

Good shooting

BT

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.