I bought a Maxim 50, now looking for a scope

sid79

Hi,

i bought a Maxim 50, i really like it, its fun to shoot subsonic, and also nice to shoot supersonic loads and not needing hearing protection. i cant wait or the season to start.

anyway, now i need a scope, i think want to add custom turrets with my drop values once i developed a good load but maybe someone has an idea. the price range should be under 1000$

thank you''ps, if someone wants to watch a video i did showing the difference between super and sub sonic:

Hi Remmy, check out my youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4TUHEBtBUE5vm9Q9jo4o6w

i did some playing with Primers and found out that there is a huge difference in suppressing levels depending on the primer you use and made a video on that too

right now im looking in the the bullet expansion when shooting subsonic, there should be a video in that soon.

I have never been into black powder or muzzle loaders, but I want one of those. What kind of accuracy have you been able to get out of your's? One video I watched they got good accuracy, another video they got "ok" accuracy, and another video they got horrible accuracy and repeatability. So, I don't what to think. I know it's not a precision rifle, but with barrel tech being what it is today, I'd like to see someone atleast be able to consistently get 1 to 1.5 MOA out of one...If that's possible?

Ain't even shot mine yet as I didn't draw a tag this year but with my experience with muzzle loaders, it's just like rifles. Have to try different powder charges and bullet weights until u find that "magic" combo.

i havent developed a load yet, im looking for a bullet that expands subsonic, and i have no doubt that i can make a load that shoots 1 or less MOA.

i can hit a gallon milk bottle at 50 yards and for now thats all i need

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts