I Bought a 6.5 Creedmoor!

God loves you now, your saved without redemption you will have sniper type skill. Animals will surrender , women will find you sexy and young men will want to be you! Be prepared because you will never miss again and you won't even have to try!
you forgot all the new world records that will be set now lol. I too bought one back in the spring for my oldest son . Deal was I'd buy the gun if he'd buy the scope . Needless to say it sets in his gun safe with no scope on it for now .
The morning after I bought it and brought it to the house there was five deer came up on our porch and surrendered. Good luck with your new bang stick

Just got my 6.5 Creedmoor. I am expecting game to just fall over dead in the field .
IMG_20190828_092913298_HDR.jpg

I picked up first one also. It's the Saber M700 form APO. Also picked up some of the Burris XTRIIs that were on sale at Natchez. I have 5 260s already but being able to grab factory ammo if I want will be nice.

$1K is an excellent price. Congrats and have fun with it! Admit it, you bought one because of its inherent accuracy. :D:cool::rolleyes:

View attachment 147264

1-Excellent Accuracy, Low Recoil
2-Just about every gun maker chambers their rifles in this caliber
3-Just about every ammo suppler makes reasonably priced 6.5 Creedmoor ammo with just about every type and weight of bullet available
4-just about every brass maker makes brass for it
5-Why the hell would anyone want a rifle chambered in 6.5CM ????

1-Excellent Accuracy, Low Recoil
2-Just about every gun maker chambers their rifles in this caliber
3-Just about every ammo suppler makes reasonably priced 6.5 Creedmoor ammo with just about every type and weight of bullet available
4-just about every brass maker makes brass for it
5-Why the hell would anyone want a rifle chambered in 6.5CM ????
I dunno. I'm giving mine away. Soon as I build it.;)

you forgot all the new world records that will be set now lol. I too bought one back in the spring for my oldest son . Deal was I'd buy the gun if he'd buy the scope . Needless to say it sets in his gun safe with no scope on it for now .
The morning after I bought it and brought it to the house there was five deer came up on our porch and surrendered. Good luck with your new bang stick
The beauty of the 6.5 CR is no scope needed for sub MOA

6.5 Creedmoor is a fun cartridge.
It's basically a modern 6.5x55mm Swedish Mauser in a short action in performance, accuracy, and velocity.
I will not shoot Big Game at long range other than Wolves but the 6.5 CM will kill any game from Predators to Moose with proper choice of bullets and proper shot placement, and keeping your ranges reasonably short.
I will get beat up for my SELF IMPOSED LIMITS of 300 yards for Elk and Moose.
I like getting in close, to me is hunting instead of just shooting.
If I want to increase my shooting range some I will crack out the custom 7mm STW.
6.5 some call it a fad, I call it providents, more people should be shooting a lighter recoiling cartridge and keep their ranges to the Fair Chsse Ideals then there would be less wounding, and spoiled meat in the field.
These are my ideas but to each his or her own.

6.5 Creedmoor is a fun cartridge.
It's basically a modern 6.5x55mm Swedish Mauser in a short action in performance, accuracy, and velocity.
I will not shoot Big Game at long range other than Wolves but the 6.5 CM will kill any game from Predators to Moose with proper choice of bullets and proper shot placement, and keeping your ranges reasonably short.
I will get beat up for my SELF IMPOSED LIMITS of 300 yards for Elk and Moose.
I like getting in close, to me is hunting instead of just shooting.
If I want to increase my shooting range some I will crack out the custom 7mm STW.
6.5 some call it a fad, I call it providents, more people should be shooting a lighter recoiling cartridge and keep their ranges to the Fair Chsse Ideals then there would be less wounding, and spoiled meat in the field.
These are my ideas but to each his or her own.
You won't see me beating you up. In fact I commend you for your self imposed limits. I'm just getting into this game myself. Haven't even shot my new rifle yet.

You won't see me beating you up. In fact I commend you for your self imposed limits. I'm just getting into this game myself. Haven't even shot my new rifle yet.
Fair Chase states the animal has to have an escape route.
At longer ranges they have no clue you are in the same county.
If you are just getting into hunting or the 6.5 CM, if you do not reload find a factory load that shoots the best in your rifle that is suitable for the type of game you want to hunt.
If you do hand load work up a load that is again suitable for your game.
Hype never killed nothing, so research a lot then shoot a lot.
Remember one thing, the 6.5 Creedmoors BBL may only for top accuracy last 1000 rounds.
Keep your ranges fairly short, keep in mind your sure hit range be it 100, 200, or what ever and you will not have to chase many when you place the bullet with skill.
Avoid low percentage shots and pass on any that does not give you an entrance and exit in the vitals.
I hunt Elk and Mule Deer here in Wyoming and like Clint Eastwood said " a man's got to know his limitations".
Good luck and good shooting to you.
Good luck to you.

And here I am looking to sell my 6.5 CM Browning X-Bolt Pro W/ bronze Cerakote, which I've easily shot 1/2" to 3/4" groups with 140 gr. Hornady ELD-M ammo. (Got a 6.5 PRC in exactly the same rifle.)

All that with a skinny and fluted barrel. OK, I did have to cool it for 10 mins. after each 5 round group or they would open to 1 1/4" - which is still OK for hunting.

But all is not lost B/C I still have a 6.5 CM Ruger Precision Rifle.

Eric B.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts