Huskemaw Optics Quality

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by timmymic, Sep 3, 2018.

1. timmymic

timmymic Well-Known Member

What other optics would the Huskemaw Optics compare to? Are the up to the quality of the Swarovski Z5 or the Leupold HD series? Assuming tracking isn't an issue since the scope was built to dial, but how do they compare for clarity and low light usage?

2. Greyfox

Greyfox Well-Known Member

I have two Huskemaw 5x20x50 scopes that I’ve used for 7 years. Tracking is excellent, and glass is comparable to my NF NSX’s.

3. rafterfp

rafterfp Well-Known Member

NSX. Have run multiple of both brands very comparable.

4. Labaherd

Labaherd Well-Known Member

I have had my Huskemaw for 3 years now and I am happy with it. I don’t see any difference between it and my Leupolds

5. Rich Coyle

Rich Coyle Well-Known Member

I took a z5 5-25X52 to the store and compared it outside the store on an optics chart. Both the clerk and I found no difference in glass in the two.

6. Rflamm250

Rflamm250 Well-Known Member

I have 2 Huskemaws and both track perfect and are very reliable tough scopes. As far as the glass I would not put Leupold in the same category. The glass in the VX6 or VX5 is far superior. I would put the glass quality of the Huskemaw comparable to a Vortex viper. I have no experience with the Swarovski scopes but I would guess that the glass would be better for low light and clarity Vs Huskemaw.

7. jlvandersnick

jlvandersnick Well-Known Member

I have an Huskemaw , several leupold mark 4's and a couple Swar X5's. My husk has always tracked perfectly. However, because I use my guns mostly for hunting, I look at low light performance with glass. I have compared these scopes by looking at my 1000yd target during various dusk conditions (all scopes x 20x). My huskemaw is close but not as good as my Mark 4's. It isn't even close to the swaro x5's.

I have no experience comparing my huskemaw to the newer Leupold HD series. However several different Leupold tech support personal have told me that the newer HD series does not have as good of low light glass as the Mark 4's. However, they have better high sunlight resolution.

8. unclefish

unclefish Well-Known Member

I took Greyfoxs advice bought mine 3 years ago love it. It tracks awesome and the parallax is dead on for my eye. Just wish it was lite. My eyes are getting old and that fine reticle is getting hard to see in low light . I do have a leupold vx6 with the lite reticle on it is awsome but parallax is off for me.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  9. Ingwe

Ingwe Well-Known Member

Slightly off topic but I have an X5 and I agree with what you are saying about them. My question is why don't I seem to hear or read much about them. I think that the X5 is the best scope I ever looked through

Boman likes this.