Huskemaw Optics Quality

timmymic

What other optics would the Huskemaw Optics compare to? Are the up to the quality of the Swarovski Z5 or the Leupold HD series? Assuming tracking isn't an issue since the scope was built to dial, but how do they compare for clarity and low light usage?

I have 2 Huskemaws and both track perfect and are very reliable tough scopes. As far as the glass I would not put Leupold in the same category. The glass in the VX6 or VX5 is far superior. I would put the glass quality of the Huskemaw comparable to a Vortex viper. I have no experience with the Swarovski scopes but I would guess that the glass would be better for low light and clarity Vs Huskemaw.

I have an Huskemaw , several leupold mark 4's and a couple Swar X5's. My husk has always tracked perfectly. However, because I use my guns mostly for hunting, I look at low light performance with glass. I have compared these scopes by looking at my 1000yd target during various dusk conditions (all scopes x 20x). My huskemaw is close but not as good as my Mark 4's. It isn't even close to the swaro x5's.

I have no experience comparing my huskemaw to the newer Leupold HD series. However several different Leupold tech support personal have told me that the newer HD series does not have as good of low light glass as the Mark 4's. However, they have better high sunlight resolution.

I took Greyfoxs advice bought mine 3 years ago love it. It tracks awesome and the parallax is dead on for my eye. Just wish it was lite. My eyes are getting old and that fine reticle is getting hard to see in low light . I do have a leupold vx6 with the lite reticle on it is awsome but parallax is off for me.

Last edited:
I have an Huskemaw , several leupold mark 4's and a couple Swar X5's. My husk has always tracked perfectly. However, because I use my guns mostly for hunting, I look at low light performance with glass. I have compared these scopes by looking at my 1000yd target during various dusk conditions (all scopes x 20x). My huskemaw is close but not as good as my Mark 4's. It isn't even close to the swaro x5's.

I have no experience comparing my huskemaw to the newer Leupold HD series. However several different Leupold tech support personal have told me that the newer HD series does not have as good of low light glass as the Mark 4's. However, they have better high sunlight resolution.

Slightly off topic but I have an X5 and I agree with what you are saying about them. My question is why don't I seem to hear or read much about them. I think that the X5 is the best scope I ever looked through

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.