Hunting optic….strict $300 and 28 ox weight limits

nksmfamjp

I'm posting this for a little help for a friend. Basically looking for a scope to top a basic hunting rifle. This person can shoot to 600, but would never shoot longer than 400 on game and more likely 250 or less. The game is open country mule deer and antelope. Caliber is 6.5 Creedmoor.

Budget is $300
Weight limit is 28oz max. Would prefer 22oz or less

To me, the most important thing is it maintains zero and can be adjust to zero quickly and logically…no turret tapping, dancing or praying to more it 2 clicks!

So, what scope do I recommend. Person likes Leupold(even though the last one won't hold zero for poo) and loves his last Vortex Viper.

I wouldn't recommend the swfa, if for no more reason than the backlog and future support. They shut down the retail space, and when you sort the web site for in stock its almost nothing, and shrinking every day. Dollars to donuts they don't appear to be headed for prosperous times ahead.

Sightron is probably your best bet in the parameters above, and it's actually in stock.

I recently bought a Monstrum 3x18x50, FFP, side paralax, locking turrets. About $225. comes with rings.
Illumanated reticle. Lifetime warranty. So far only range but holds zero well. Bright glass, although I'm not a good judge. Flip up lens covers. My 75 year old eyes like it.
Mike

In that price range I think vortex is hard to beat. Or the Canadian outfit Scorpion optics. About the same.

I have a vortex on my 300. The light transmission is not at all equal to some real high quality glass but I was on a tight budget and it holds zero and works just fine. Just not as crisp a picture at dawn and dusk (you know, when the animals come out 🤣)