Looking for optic for 28 Nosler

Benhunting

New comer here. I love reading and the information and different points of view. That being said. I just ordered a Savage 110 Ultralight in 28 nosler. I am primarily using the rifle for hunting, I would like to take it to 1000 yes. I want to keep it as light as possible. I'm looking at the Swarovski Z5i 3.5-18x44 and others in the $1500 or less range. I have a Vortex LHT 3-15 but I feel I want more magnification. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tidus56

Zeiss v4 6-24 with the zmoai T20 reticle. I am pretty sure I will put this on my next gun instead of a VX-5 HD. I would suggest that as you look at scopes to keep an eye on the weight of the scope. Some scopes weigh 3 pounds some weight 1.5 pounds, that is a big difference. I have been pleased with my VX-5 HD just would prefer more magnification and I like that zeiss reticle better than anything offered by Leupold.
Look at March scopes if your budget allows as well.

Tidus56

I had forgotten that...makes sense though 15 mag isn’t enough for me but I have poor vision

257Tony

15x is plenty for a lightweight hunting rig, unless you're hunting prairie dogs. If 15 isn't enough, 18 likely wont' be either.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.