HS Precision HTR

jumpin joe

I'm considering purchasing a HS Precision HTR and was wondering if anyone had any experience with the weapon. I am concerned about the action and trigger in comparison with the Remington 700 PSS.

The action is a blend of several successful designs, heavily borrowing Rem. M-700 basic design with the three position safety of the Win. M-70. We did some stuff a long time ago on the HS, lots of info both ways. Just go into the Search and you will get some.

I have been shooting a varmint in .308 Win. for some time and it is a very nice rifle. Have 5000 rounds through the barrel now. Has had some problems, most significant of which HS corrected in their production and are no longer of any concern. Excellent barrel, cut rifled, cleans up easy and has shot well when it was hotter than I should have let it get. Will shoot five shots into less than 0.5" if I can shoot well enough, magazine is reliable, very comfortable stock, it is a good rig.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.