HS precision bottom metal and timney trigger fitting issues

Are you just widening the trigger guard slot that the trigger comes down through? I'm having a bolt release sticking issue...

bolt release is a similar issue --- just file some relief where the bolt release slides against the housing...it happens a lot and customers who have gunsmiths install their trigger never know the smith filed a bit of relief in the bottom metal housing.

bolt release is a similar issue --- just file some relief where the bolt release slides against the housing...it happens a lot and customers who have gunsmiths install their trigger never know the smith filed a bit of relief in the bottom metal housing.
I'm going to have to take a careful look at where this interference is happening...Thanks!

I just encountered this about two months ago....you've got the right idea as far as a fix goes. I can send some photos to show what it took to get mine to fit.

Pictures would be great on what u did to fix the problem I have. Always learn from someone who has done the work before going off blindly. Sounds like what u did is what I must do to fix the problem.

So again for others The problem is the base of the timney trigger is bottoming out on HS trigger guard itself. I'm pretty confident I can remove some metal with file or dremel tool for the trigger to fit properly.

Thanks all

I thought it was the trigger shoe that was making contact (too wide), but it was actually the pin (?) sticking out the side. So I filed from the top down a bit, just enough that the bottom metal could get seated without hanging up on the head of that pin.

Pictures would be great on what u did to fix the problem I have. Always learn from someone who has done the work before going off blindly. Sounds like what u did is what I must do to fix the problem.

So again for others The problem is the base of the timney trigger is bottoming out on HS trigger guard itself. I'm pretty confident I can remove some metal with file or dremel tool for the trigger to fit properly.

Thanks all
Yea, I'll get a photo or two when I get home.

Since you've already paid for it, for $75 you can send the Rem factory trigger to Neil Jones and he will disassemble it, deburr any parts and set it to whatever pull weight you want. It will probably work as good as most aftermarket stuff.

Since you've already paid for it, for $75 you can send the Rem factory trigger to Neil Jones and he will disassemble it, deburr any parts and set it to whatever pull weight you want. It will probably work as good as most aftermarket stuff.
I wish I knew about that before I tossed the trigger in the trash and bought the Timney.

20190511_081533.jpg
20190511_081543.jpg
Here's how I worked things out with a file.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.