Howa mini actions?

It hit everything that I pointed it at within the ~175 yards or so range of where we were shooting. Plinking day, not a range day. You know how some rifles just seem to understand what you're trying to do and they help make it happen? That is this rifle. Most challenging was a ~Ø7" steel disc that had a ~Ø3" hole in the center of it. Out at about 160 yds, could hit it at will, offhand. Almost boring, but not really.
Not shot paper with it. I was using PPU 123gr. PSP's and it appeared to REALLY like them.

Got the Howa to the range today got the barrel broke-in & seasoned with 65rds down the pipe…..shot pretty decent with Bulk Steel Ammo. Played around with 40rds of CFE BLK & the Hornady STT……
DB250C70-D7A5-4B10-86CC-3E2E4D523A46.jpeg
AA2A0947-69CD-4E35-9AB1-C67124E2FD44.jpeg

Which model do you have….? I felt like recoil was noticeably moderate in mine, more than I was expecting

Could be the stock design, appears to be a Magpul MOE. Pitch, cast and drop all play a part in perceived recoil. Designed for gas guns, not necessarily for a bolt gun.

That rifle in terms of weight at nearly 8lbs isn't all that light, actually heavier than my Titanium 280 Ackley. The Ackley has a McMillan Classic edge filled but the perceived recoil is light to moderate.

You can play with a pitch shim to get more of the pad up against your shoulder, washers placed between top of the pad and the butt stock will tell you what you want to know. Start with 2 and increase or decrease the number and see if perceived recoil increases or decreases. Once you master the pitch, buy a kydex shim of the correct pitch and grind it to fit the pad and butt stock, install and enjoy.

Which model do you have….? I felt like recoil was noticeably moderate in mine, more than I was expecting
Their light weight barrel option in a hollowed out Boyd's "Classic" that has had the cheek piece removed. Talley one piece rings and an NLA Leupold LW 2-7x. 6.9 lbs ready to hunt or shoot with an empty 4 round mag. I won't say that it has no recoil, just that it was very low.
i-Hkw7zW5-M.jpg

The rifle that Darryle might be looking at is my Heavy Palma-esque barreled .224 Valkyrie Howa Mini in a MDT LSS-XL chassis with their butt-stock. It is not a mere 6.9 lbs! Pictured here: https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/howa-mini-actions.321792/post-2786784

I own a Howa Mini in 450 Bushmaster and love that rifle, very accurate out to 175-200 yards. Mine came with a cheap plastic stock that I'm actually replacing right now, waiting on my Boyd's Laminate to show up. The only thing that frustrates me, which isn't a rifle issue, is the lack of ability to get additional magazines. Howa discontinued the 450BM and no one makes a compatible magazine and I've reached out to Howa a few times for them to tell me that they had some in stock, only for them to go look and they don't. So if anyone reading this has a 450 BM Howa Mini Action magazine they'd part ways with let me know. But overall I think you'd be very happy with a Howa, I own three in total and they are just as reliable and accurate as some higher end rifles that I own.
I literally just purchased one off their website.
Legacysports.com $29.00 + shipping.

I bought a Howa mini in .223 last year. I have at least 10 centerfire rifles and this one is the first one I ever was not able to develop a decent load for. I have 3 other 223s even. Mine was a 22" #2 contour. The barrel just had too much vibration. I swapped the .223 for a 17 fireball in a #3 contour and that shoots well.

Good afternoon guys, do you guys that own or have owned howa mini actions like them? I'm looking to buy a .223 caliber bolt gun and was considering buying a howa mini. Use will just be target practice at 100-600 yards, maybe some predator hunting. I am also considering buying a Tikka in .223 as I have a Tikka and love it. The gun store could not find any Tikka .223 in stock so I would have to find someone with one and have it transferred if I went that route so that's half the reason I'm debating the howa mini. Brownells has barreled howa mini actions on sale for just under 400 bucks right now..
although more expensive, especially since being discontinued, the cz mini mauser is top of the heap in my book. I also have tika"s and howa"s.nice guns, all!

I really like both. I carry the mini when I'm calling it's compact and light. The Howa mini is much smaller and lighter than the tikka short action. I have a factory stock and a Boyd's on my howa's. Looking into Bell and Carlson or Oregon gunsmithing for my next stock if I rebarrel one.
It's hard to compare then since they are so different, I'd say one of each for me.. ; )))))
can't beat wayne Yorks, Oregon gunsmith stocks!

Anyone here ever compared the Howa mini to the old Mauser mini? I've wondered if the mauser is worth the cost increase......detachable mag aside just the feel and quality.
I have 5. I think they are the best! getting much more expensive now that they are discontiued.