Howa 6mm ARC barrel length?

JMshooter

I looking at placing a order for a Howa in 6mm ARC just trying to decide on what barrel length. the 20" HD or the 22" STD.

Any input?

20" threaded with a suppressor.
22" threaded if you use a brake.

the 18" on my son's ARC does well with a good mix of speed vs. Being manageable with a suppressor on the gun.

I am going to be buying an upper in 6mm ARC for a light recoiling deer hunting rig in my AR platform. I also like to shoot 1K yards at the range. I want the max performance. I am leaning to 22" and I hunt suppressed.

I'm running a 24" EABCO accuracy barrel on my AR build. It is right on the numbers for published gas gun data if not slightly high. You should be able to get near book speeds out of a 22" bolt action at the higher pressures that the Hornady bolt data is figured for. If you're not set on running suppressed, go for the 22" setup. Even then, a can on a 22" barrel isn't the end of the world.

I'm running a 24" EABCO accuracy barrel on my AR build. It is right on the numbers for published gas gun data if not slightly high. You should be able to get near book speeds out of a 22" bolt action at the higher pressures that the Hornady bolt data is figured for. If you're not set on running suppressed, go for the 22" setup. Even then, a can on a 22" barrel isn't the end of the world.

I'm hoping 2600 with 103 ELD-X/108 ELD-M

I bought the 20" barreled action from Brownell's, installing the Bell & Carlson stock and Zeiss 6-24x50 scope this weekend. Will be shooting Suppressed.

Is your rig a target set up or do you hunt with it? What is the weight rigged out?

I'll have to check the weight. Definitely not light. I do plan to use it for antelope and deer next year.
20220528_211018.jpg

Nice rig. I bet there is virtually zero recoil with the weight and that brake. Spotting hits
Yep, it's pretty mellow to shoot. I'm looking forward to shooting some long range Prairie Dogs with it this spring. That will give me a good idea of sight picture at shot break. I've shot it suppressed a few times and I'm always surprised how much louder a gas gun is compared to a bolt rifle.

Nice rig. I bet there is virtually zero recoil with the weight and that brake. Spotting hits
-24° with windchill below -50° gave me time in the gun room this weekend. My 6ARC weighs in right at 12# fully loaded as pictured. Not a lightweight by any stretch. She sure shoots great though.