How wide is this Mule Deer?

The beast is dead...........:D

My Dad took the buck that started this thread earlier this evening! He was 27" wide according the Sbruce. I haven't even left for Wyoming yet and Dad has already scored! I'm sure some photos will follow, I haven't seen them myself yet but Shane is very sure it's the same buck.

Congrats Dad!! It's his biggest mulie to date. All I know is he shot it at around 300 yards with my Mom's CZ550 in .243. Not sure why he had her rifle or exactly what happened but I'll find out when I get there Thursday.

Here are some pre season and then again after harvest of the original buck in question. I never thought I'd see the day that I would be able to take pre and post photos of a buck like this one. He's 28" wide outside if we count the "kicker", 26 1/2" outside from beam to beam. He became nocturnal after taking the pics in velvet and I hadn't seen him again until he was on the ground...........Congratulations Russ!!:D!!

PICT0147.jpg

PICT0148.jpg

PICT0149.jpg

2010SeasonRuss007.jpg

2010SeasonRuss001.jpg

Finally got him back from the Taxidermist. I'll post pics of the other one when it's finished too (or 7mmSendaro can, he'll probably see them before I do).

PICT0064-1.jpg

PICT0065-1.jpg

The pictures don't really do him justice, but I never claimed to be a photographer. LOL:)

SBruce, Great pictures .... beautiful deer .... great story ..... Congratulations ... job well done. Beautiful country as well. Thanks for the write up and photos.

SBruce,

The 2008 pictures were impressive but the mount pictures really show all the character.....What a nice, nice buck....7mmSendaro's dad's buck is really beautiful too.....I can't wait to get back to the grasslands for another hunt....It will probably be a year or so before I can draw A27 again and hopefully you guys will leave a few of those Region B bucks for us:)....My sons and I are working on a plan to hunt another area farther west this year....Our vacation schedules won't allow us all the first couple weeks in Oct....

TTL,
Randy

There both big enough...lol

I would guess live buck is 28"inside maybe 31"outside at tops.

Your buck I would guess 24" inside,prob go bout 178"gross.

I just went back and read the rest of the thread, i always miss em a lil light, better light than heavy though i guess.lol Congrats on an awesome buck.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.