Mule Deer

HELLGAP

I passed a 200 plus inch non typical so my son would have a crack at him with a bow and yes he missed a 12 yard shot . I am the sole person hunting a 40 thousand acre ranch well my son too and I brought my best friend this year as well . So I knew the high potential of a monster mule was out there. We only get drawn about once every 4 years in sask canada and this year is the year of the big buck . 2 new world record bucks have been shot up here and I actually know one of the hunters and the other hunter s friend. One a new world record pope and young non typical white tail and the other a possible new world record non typical mule both arrow kills . I hunted for 4 years on the land the white tail was shot on but havent hunted on it in the past 10 years . This is my Mule for 2010 shot with a 50 cal knight smoke pole using 100 grains fffg with a 45 cal 240 grain bullet it was a whopping 130 yards after sneeking up 150 yards in 6 inch high grass . he scores 181 4/8 typical the g2 are a whopping 20 plus inches.
HPIM2995.jpg
HPIM3003.jpg

Your photo looks a little funny...your head looks the same in both photos...lol

just jerking your chain... Nice Buck

Last edited:
Nice Muley. Your a better man than me. Id told my son he has all his life to see a 200 plus muley and whacked him...lol

Here is the story on passing the 200 non typical . I had never taken anyone to my spot until this year I know there are always big bucks with in the one small area about 8000 acres the other area is 20k plus so its pretty much a given there are big deer in the area. The last time I was draw for this area I had 12 big bucks in one spot with the smallest being 160 plus. With harsh winters its pretty hard on the old bucks and having hundreds of wolf size coyotes doesnt help either. The day before this years season My son and I went for a drive and we drove up to 100 yards from this big boy well my son tried a sneak but was busted at 80 yards so the next day we went for a walk and spot the big boy on the prowl . We layed down in the bald prarie all camo out and scented up and I began grunting with a whisper grunt and called ythe buck from 175 yards to 40 yards before my binoculars spooked him when I went to have a close up look lol . I had my gun in hand that day as well and then the next day found him again bedded down 125 yards up wind . My son is a recon corporal in the army so he is sneaky. He never hunted with a bow and only shot 20 arrows with a bow. He did hit the bulls eye from 10 to 40 yards every shot but never anticipated BUCK FEVER . I only wish I had the movie camera and never laughed so hard in my life watching him sneak to 12 yards. From 125 yards I watched for the 45 min stock and could see him shake as he drew the bow . I explained to the best I could his mistakes . His biggest misstake was to sneak up too close and his second and biggest was to draw the bow as he kneeled and didnt wait for the buck to stand .The thing was he never expected was the adrenaline rush lol . After this missed shot I took my friend to go find him and did see him and his 2 bigger brothers. my guess was 185-190 typical and the other 210 -215 non typical. This year I saw more big bucks than Ive seen in the last 8 years combined . With the 4ft of snow we have it is going to hurt hunting here ,hardest winter ive seen in 20 years. I hope they survive

i'd be hauling hay-alfalfa, and doing lots of cocote hunting. can nonpres. hunt that part of the state?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.