How well does the average big game hunter shoot?

the safe bet for shooting at 600 ,as you know is to shoot in the same condition but is a lot more fun to try to shoot on changes and beat the wind or try to

I truly enjoyed the 2 day match I shot in Northern Scotland in their Championship. 3 shooters on the point. One shooting, another getting ready to shoot, and the 3rd scores. There were paid pullers in the pit. When your turn to shoot, the target goes up, 45 seconds later it goes down. You better look, decide on the wind, shoot. Otherwise, you get zero if the target goes down and you haven't fired. Each pit puller were issued timers, which they as soon as the target is fully up.

You can't wait your condition and rapid fire.

I am with you, I crank for every shot, if I have to. When coaching I do the same I give wind correction for every shot.

When I shot for the TX State Team in the 90s, one year at Perry our coach waited and waited for his favorite condition while me and my pair partner simmered in the heat. At one point I turned to the and told him to suck it up and give us wind correction, because by the time his condition comes we would probably be braking bad shots due to the heat.

At Perry, in the slow fire events, teams are required to put two shooters on the line. At 600 you be there for all 40 shots.

I told myself I will never do that to my shooters.

Last edited: