How to get 6.5-284 to feed correctly?

benchracer

When building a 6.5-284 on a long action, what modifications need to be made to ensure that the loaded rounds feed properly from the magazine?

Maybe I got lucky, but I didn't have to do anything. I did put a brand new magazine box in because old one was bent, but that was it.

I've not had any problems with this cartridge. I've chambered it in pushfeeds and control feeds and they've all run like a raped ape.

A Nesika once had a little issue with ejection (mechanical eject) but a little fiddling with the ejector length solved that easy enough.

I think you'll be fine.

-C

Kevin Wyatt at Wyatt outdoors makes about 4-5 different mags that will work.

I just use one of his center feed 4140 CM heat treated mag on a .284Win in a Stiller Predator SA. It required my welding the back of the mag box together. I used two 1" pieces of IV tubing between the action and the mag lips. Feeding the magazine from the bottom with 3 rounds it feeds like a champ. a 6.5 x .284 should be the same.

Nat Lambeth

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.