How to blowup your rifle

Well. There we have it.
Guess the rest of us can now click on the "Stop Watching Thread" option.

Problem solved.

This is a good thread. Lots to be learned and good input espically from bingreen and phorwath and others. Longing to hear bingreen's final results. If some people get nothing from this thread then the answer is simple, don't read it - move on to another..

Yeah,

Here comes the attacks, from all the cosigners.

I said overload, most others said everything but that.

My father, God rest his soul, had a saying. It would be very fitting here, about the various theories bandied about;

"That's so far out there, it's almost back in again".

I can tell everyone this action was done regardless of how the barrel came of or brass came out of it.
The brass was swagged out to the bolt and had then swagged out to the counter bore between the bolt nose and barrel.
Anyone who thinks this was not high pressure does not have a clue and is a dangerous to himself and those around him!!

Last edited:
Surprised no gas escaped the primer, based on bng's description.

At least the firing pin / striker assembly is salvageable for re-use... maybe the bolt handle.

Did the chamber swell?

It's plain as day, it looks like a belted mag case!!
Now that you've specifically mentioned it, I do see it in the first photo. Not a good angle, but I see it.

The other two photos are out of focus and too fuzzy on my monitor.

I can tell everyone this action was done regardless of how the barrel came of or brass came out of it.
The brass was swagged out to the bolt and had then swagged out to the counter bore between the bolt nose and barrel.
Anyone who thinks this was not high pressure does not have a clue and is a dangerous to himself and those around him!!
I thought it was obvious that this was high pressure? Wasn't the big question why or from what?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.