How to answer the " which app" question.

4xforfun

I have been a GINORMAS fan of the Shooter app for a long time. Just the best thing since sliced bread. The concern I am having is that it seems that there is no more support for the app.

I will continue using it untill there is a better mouse trap, but how do I answer when my friends ask the "which app should I buy" question to me. Is there any app as "good" as the Shooter that has/will have support? It's just so **** easy to navigate, has (had) an up to date bullet library, and , gave me correct info.

Thanks,
Tod

I'm pretty sure he was asking android or apple. OS=operating system

And I agree, Shooter app updates use to come out all the time. But I've sent 3 emails recently regarding bullet library updates and got no response.

Short of an updated library I believe it will work just fine and as good as any of the others out there. If he's starting out it might be a good one to get.

Applied Ballistics is another good one. I've never used it but the reviews I've seen of it look a lot like Shooter with more bells and whistles.

Tod,

iOS = iPhone/mac stuff. Don't know what the droid's called.....

Shooter will always work for you. Updates and libraries are pretty much useless once you get it set for you load and rifle. It's as tried and true as any of them. In fact I think they all use the same algorithms.

I use both Shooter and Applied Ballistics and both serve me well.

Shooter has some user friendly features as does AB.

Answering the question of which to use is pretty much like "what cartridge should I use for what I think I want to hunt?" Pretty much a newby question and should be avoided if at all possible.:)

HTH

If your friends have iPhones, then Ballistic:AE is great. Support has been consistent and frequent for several years. Applied Ballisitics seems pretty good also, but in its incomplete state it doesn't compete with Ballistic:AE. I have both, but rely on Ballistic at this point in time. That may change once AB gets closer to its finalized version.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.