How to accurately measure (not validate) headspace?

It's really a compariter as they call it that. You compare a fired case to a sized case and that's all anybody needs to know. It is also great to compare bullets for sorting. They never claimed it is a headspace tool to get a finite number of how long your chamber is. The Hornady tool gives you an arbitrary number to make adjustments from. It works perfectly fine and I never felt the need to make custom bushing for it with perfect datum circumstances. I do however make custom bushing for my bullet comparing. There diameters seem too small for caliber for my taste. I want my guage much closer to the bearing surface and I make them from stainless.
Shep

It's really a compariter as they call it that.

Reloaders got infatuated with head space. Case head space, Hornady head space gage, Larry Willis digital head space gage; very few reloaders knew the Willis digital compactor was a dial indicator stand.

F. Guffey

This is a dial indicator stand I use sorting bullets.
Shep

Attachments

• 15864746351212709139309153678744.jpg
    15864746351212709139309153678744.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 79
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.