How Often Do You See Rattlesnakes PD Hunting?

I used to use glycerin and alcohol 50/50. I gave each skin three coats and then let it rest. The colors seemed to look good but the skin was so pliable and oily it was hard to get the glue to stick. I changed to a commercial treatment that takes less time and leaves the skin dry. The new treatment allows the scales to pop off almost immediately, which is also a plus. I use Saddle Lac to treat any skin that doesn't need to bend.

I am able to clean the skins well using a brass pot and pan brush while running water over it. I scrub the flesh side "white" and get all of the fats and muscle off.

No Rattle Snakes where I am, but here's a hungry Red Belly after the storm the other morning.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240103_075309_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240103_075309_Chrome.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 67
No. I started an Etsy store but never went beyond naming it! The hatbands usually sell as fast as I make them with the people I shoot with. A local store just bought everything I had made. Is there something you want? I have some skins but it all depends on what the project is.
I'll send a PM

No Rattle Snakes where I am, but here's a hungry Red Belly after the storm the other morning.
I don't know what a Red Belly is but here in Missouri we call them Black Snake, my Nana keep
one in her cellar to keep the mice out of her potato and veggies, we call it blackie and
we carry it all over the farm tell Nana told us to put him back in the cellar

I don't know what a Red Belly is but here in Missouri we call them Black Snake, my Nana keep
one in her cellar to keep the mice out of her potato and veggies, we call it blackie and

Yeah, it's a Red Belly Black Snake, venomous and I wouldn't attempt to catch them, though they generally mind their own business.
We have Carpet Pythons that live in the hay and feed sheds they feed on rats and mice, not venomous, I used to catch them and let them go inside my Nans house as a kid.

Australian species, nothing like our harmless Black Rat Snakes you're used to.

In my area of Tennessee I have not encountered rattlesnakes. We have an abundance of cotton mouths and copperheads. South Texas was overrun with rattlesnakes when I hunted there. They would be on the porch sunning themselves almost everyday when we returned for lunch. As soon as you opened the door of the truck they would slither under the house. I never really felt comfortable sleeping in that old house when I was there.