How much will a heavy palma LR 308 barrel flex?

Noidly1

Sorry if not the right section.

I'm trying to figure out if trying to find node is that necessary with a heavy palma barrel.

I have a fluted version of this barrel>
https://www.ballisticadvantage.com/...ifle-length-ar-308-barrel-premium-series.html
They don't make mine anymore and the link I saved is invalid.

I know finding node is important for accuracy and pencil barrels flex like a noodle.
I also know that Bull barrels are pretty stiff but heavy as hell, that's why I went with the one I have.
So, how much will a heavy palma barrel really flex?

TIA.

It's not the flex, it's the resonant frequency travelling through the steel.
So the amount of flex in a heavy barrel is very little, but it still resonates.
An example for you to gauge what I am talking about, not gun related, but metal related.
A cast iron crankshaft is very ductile due to it's steel make up, grains run in all different directions and if you hit it with a hammer, it makes a dull thud. On the other hand, if you have a forged steel crank, the grains run in a straight line following the shape of the product. If you hit this with a hammer, it sings, or resonates, for quite some time.
This is the same for a rifle barrel.
It's tuning this resonating that what we are doing, and yes, this is the node.
You can also tune with a tuner, this is also tuning the resonation.

Cheers.

A extra heavy barrel will help reduce the dispersion of the shots. But if you want to find the best load that the rifle is capable of shooting you have to tune the load.

Ok, Thanks. I understand now except for the above. Is that a reference to something like an electronic guitar tuner?
A barrel tuner is a device that screws onto the muzzle, barrel has to be threaded for this, that is a steel weighted tube with incremental markings that screwing in/out changes the harmonics of the barrel.
This is done to fine tune a load, you still need to tune the load, this refines the tune..

Cheers.

They are making my barrel again. here's the link to it.