How much case mouth do I need gripping a bullet?

Attempts to correlate neck length with accuracy are hopeless..
There is no one thing that improves the abstract that 'accuracy' is.
The best we can do is identify what hurts accuracy, as single things actually can do this.

Right now I'm using Redding FL Bushing die and sizing a little less then 1/2 the neck. My rifle has never shot better. Even though the bullet is way out there, it is still being held by the entire sized portion of the neck. However, I load and shoot one round at a time.

Thank you all for your responses. If I was getting the accuracy I wanted I might risk leaving this load where it's at with only .135" gripping the bullet. However, I've gotten two other factory, off the shelf, rifles to shoot the Berger VLD's into sub 1/2 moa at 100 yards. This particular Browning shoots Nosler BT's into 1/2 groups. I'm going to follow Bergers recommended seating test and either get the Berger to match the Nosler or go back to the Nosler. There's no doubt this rifle won't let me down with a little work.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.