How many bullets do you try in new rifle?

Yes Sir, Excellent eye!!! That is the Verona Lodge, of Lily Pond Creek, in North Carolina. Just south over the Viginia / N C. border. I have found that those particular 130 Grn Bullets completely blow up the heart and lungs, at that velocity , and I have never had one exit ,yet. I have been told many times about meat damage, but I don't ever eat Heats or Livers. I have never had to track a deer, and some fell dead right there, some ran 20 yards and fell dead. When the guide opens the deer, and the liquid lungs come pouring out , or the heart is blown up, the comments about not using "STORE AMMUNITION," or the small light bullet generally stop . At Monster Bucks of Ohio, I gave the Outfitter 5 or 6 rounds of my 270 Win Ammo for his personal Remington ADL, in 270 Win. I sighted that that rifle in for him, at 100 yards with my ammo. After I left , he let another client use that rifle with my ammo, and the client got a one shot kill, and was happy and excited. Ther outfitter actually called me up to tell me that story !! The other bullet that shot equally well , in my rifle, was the 130 Grn Nosler / Winchester Combined Technology bullet. Its the same 130 grn basic Bullet with some black moly coating on it. I killed two Deer at Monster Bucks' One was Mercy killing of a wounded deer shot in the shoulder by some pistol Hunter, using a big piston in 460 S and W . I used the Nosler 130 Grn Ballistic Tip on one and the 130 Grn Nosler / Winchester Combined Technology Bullet on the other. Both deer taken with One shot, both ran less that 20 yards and fell down stone dead. The other was my deer. Pictured below. I don't ,mean to imply that that there are not other bullets will not work equally as well, but I don't know them. I do know that when you take one shot, and see deer just fall down dead, what else can you ask for??? Good Hunting and good shooting my friend.

Attachments

• Lenny Foffo 2009 014.jpg
    Lenny Foffo 2009 014.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 24
Was this photo in or around Jackson NC?
I am using 51gr H4350, Federal Brass, CCI200 primers, Nosler 150gr partitions. Gives me 2884 fps. I was using 130gr partitions but the guides asked me to change things up, That bullet was destroying too much meat, The 130's also used 51gr H4350 cranking out 2950fps. So to make the guides happy I moved up to the 150. It does less damage. My Sig970SHR has a 24" barrel.
That what I found out a long time ago with partitions. Blood shot entire one side of a deer. Only used once, and never again. I do like the Nosler BT, AB bullets, and those are my go to bullets.

That what I found out a long time ago with partitions. Blood shot entire one side of a deer. Only used once, and never again. I do like the Nosler BT, AB bullets, and those are my go to bullets.
Wow I've not experienced that (yet). I did get that with another bullet (can't recall which but it was a Nosler).

Hunting -Simple research to find 2-3 bullet candidates for the game you are after. 2-3
Powders. DECIDE accuracy threshold for end. IMO the mistake many make. Shoot 2 ladders then fine tune. If load meets my accuracy threshold, then leave it alone. Competition- shoot tried and true loads and bullets and fine tune to hit the best load. Gave up chasing the unicorn.