How Long toinstall sights?

Hespco

Took my Win 70 to a local gunsmith to get a set of NEFA sights installed. He told me he was not taking in any more work till the first week in July. Is this becoming common or odd just to my area? Not a critical job , but would like to get it done. May have to ship it out to get the work done.

Sign in gunsmith shop says: "You can get it done fast, get it done cheap, or get it done right-Pick one"
Good gunsmiths are backed up- There is a reason. I would avoid the gunsmith that says, "Yea I can do it now, I don't have anything else to do."
It is pick any two.

Want it fast and cheap? It won't be good.
Want it good and cheap? It won't be fast.
Want it good and fast? It won't be cheap.

Took my Win 70 to a local gunsmith to get a set of NEFA sights installed. He told me he was not taking in any more work till the first week in July. Is this becoming common or odd just to my area? Not a critical job , but would like to get it done. May have to ship it out to get the work
Couldn't find what it is you're mounting. What work is involved? Curious...

Did some checking around . Word of mouth. I was given info on another well respected smith. Lots of ooh's & awh's. Contacted him & he was very familiar with the NECG sights. Has installed several of them. Dropped the barreled action off to him. A month or so to do the job. There abouts. He will call me when it's ready.

Gunsmiths are pretty busy right now. Just had NECG's put on my 70...they make good backup sights!

Attachments

• 91A71005-1FFF-44A7-94A3-9922CA58B7F0.jpeg
    91A71005-1FFF-44A7-94A3-9922CA58B7F0.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 201
  • 00D2B6DE-B553-4FE8-BD0D-537C48336175.jpeg
    00D2B6DE-B553-4FE8-BD0D-537C48336175.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 189
Dom
Took my Win 70 to a local gunsmith to get a set of NEFA sights installed. He told me he was not taking in any more work till the first week in July. Is this becoming common or odd just to my area? Not a critical job , but would like to get it done. May have to ship it out to get the work d

Did some checking around . Word of mouth. I was given info on another well respected smith. Lots of ooh's & awh's. Contacted him & he was very familiar with the NECG sights. Has installed several of them. Dropped the barreled action off to him. A month or so to do the job. There abouts. He will call me when it's ready.
Dom great to hear that you got someone to put irons on. Send us pictures when done and also this Fall when you get that 6x6 bull.
Len and Jill

I use that all the time in my field as well.
One designer I worked with was on the slow side, his jobsvtook 5 times longer to complete. When approached about it, his answer was " do you want it fast or want it right?...he never turned in correct work.
Hope he never reads this, he wont.