How do you judge wind

Oh sorry I didn't realize you had, just hadn't heard of you teaching. It even looks like on your website that you sell accessories and build what appears to be primarily rimfire rifles. Every experience I've had shooting rimfires and much of any wind if there's a lot of wind drift and it don't typically run a rimfire out to a 1000+ yds. My point about the Walmart being in Chance is exactly what you just said there's not enough population to support it. You put a business in an area where you have the opportunity to do more business. At least if you want a successful business where you deal with people face to face.
Yup, I certainly understand... but none of that business stuff, and I mean none of it, has anything to do with reading wind. Look at our youtube channel... all I do is teach. 🤣 I've put on classes since 2012'ish. Good point on the website though, I haven't updated it for years. I'm blessed to be busy enough to not have to rely on our website. When someone wants something, they call. I prefer to talk to everyone anyway.

You keep trying to defend him/them and business decisions... when there hasn't been an attack to defend. ... and you keep doing it in a way that refuses to acknowledge that I'm absolutely in a position of experience by which to form my comments.

Some of us care more about the quality of we provide, than the quantity of it we provide. That's all anyone needs to know about my business. I can, and do, choose less money/sales/profit over compromise when it comes to most things. People travel here from all over the world to train with me. They come to where I'm at, regardless of where I'm at. I bet the same thing could be said of barbour creek. Yet as I've said multiple times, there's lots of room for lots of trainers, and more the better. I think we're special, and while that may be debatable... there is no debate that where we operate is beneficial for training in the wind, no matter who is doing the instructing.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

A lot of posturing on this thread, but not many answers to the question of the post. Sorry, me included since little experience or training with reading the wind. So, how about let's all get back on track and share our preferred methods. Just saying.

Last edited:
A lot of posturing on this thread, but not many answers to the question of the post. Sorry, me included since little experience or training with reading the wind. So, how about let's all get back on track and share our preferred methods. Just saying.
No point. I've been on here for years, and have gone into great depth. Nobody cares. Those of us that know, know and agree.

The ones that don't know still don't.
The nay sayers are still naying.

The poors are still poor and probably anti kestrel.
The geriatrics are anti-doodads.

The young are over at sniperhide.

This particular thread goes in circles and now we have people shooting spotters at game.

The training guys here aren't going to spill the beans on their training material for free, and those of us who are pretty good at it have given the information out for free, are disregarded. It's not JUST me. Frank Galli, Emil Praslick, Bryan Litz, and so many more have free information on stuff all over online. I personally learned from military schools, Todd Hodnett and Emil a sometime ago when during deployment work ups, and many others along the way.

No one is going to be getting better sitting here on the forum shooting the ****. Get out and shoot wind.

…theres nothing left to really say…

No point. I've been on here for years, and have gone into great depth. Nobody cares. Those of us that know, know and agree.

The ones that don't know still don't.
The nay sayers are still naying.

The poors are still poor and probably anti kestrel.
The geriatrics are anti-doodads.

The young are over at sniperhide.

This particular thread goes in circles and now we have people shooting spotters at game.

The training guys here aren't going to spill the beans on their training material for free, and those of us who are pretty good at it have given the information out for free, are disregarded. It's not JUST me. Frank Galli, Emil Praslick, Bryan Litz, and so many more have free information on stuff all over online. I personally learned from military schools, Todd Hodnett and Emil a sometime ago when during deployment work ups, and many others along the way.

…theres nothing left to really say…

Well stated.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Yup, I certainly understand... but none of that business stuff, and I mean none of it, has anything to do with reading wind. Look at our youtube channel... all I do is teach. 🤣 I've put on classes since 2012'ish. Good point on the website though, I haven't updated it for years. I'm blessed to be busy enough to not have to rely on our website. When someone wants something, they call. I prefer to talk to everyone anyway.

You keep trying to defend him/them and business decisions... when there hasn't been an attack to defend. ... and you keep doing it in a way that refuses to acknowledge that I'm absolutely in a position of experience by which to form my comments.

Some of us care more about the quality of we provide, than the quantity of it we provide. That's all anyone needs to know about my business. I can, and do, choose less money/sales/profit over compromise when it comes to most things. People travel here from all over the world to train with me. They come to where I'm at, regardless of where I'm at. I bet the same thing could be said of barbour creek. Yet as I've said multiple times, there's lots of room for lots of trainers, and more the better. I think we're special, and while that may be debatable... there is no debate that where we operate is beneficial for training in the wind, no matter who is doing the instructing.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

I haven't defended James, but have stated why I believe being in a populated area is a good business decision. You are correct I won't acknowledge that you may or may not be "absolutely in a position of experience by which form my opinion ". What you stated in a previous comment is that you haven't been to Eufaula but yet you have crapped all over Barbour Creek without knowing anything about it, while claiming you aren't crapping all over it. I don't know you or your reputation. If you have people that travel there for your training that is great. You do you

I haven't defended James, but have stated why I believe being in a populated area is a good business decision. You are correct I won't acknowledge that you may or may not be "absolutely in a position of experience by which form my opinion ". What you stated in a previous comment is that you haven't been to Eufaula but yet you have crapped all over Barbour Creek without knowing anything about it, while claiming you aren't crapping all over it. I don't know you or your reputation. If you have people that travel there for your training that is great. You do you
Well said.

Just curious, why did this turn into who has more ******** to chest pump or sell the ways of reading the wind versus passing along knowledge and experience that is is valuable be it hitting steel at crazy distance while on the clock or using that knowledge to tag a animal at a reasonable distance with accuracy. Once you grasp the knowledge it definitely helps in the game of success. cheers

Just curious, why did this turn into who has more ******** to chest pump or sell the ways of reading the wind versus passing along knowledge and experience that is is valuable be it hitting steel at crazy distance while on the clock or using that knowledge to tag a animal at a reasonable distance with accuracy. Once you grasp the knowledge it definitely helps in the game of success. cheers
The fact that I can say something like "you need wind to learn to read the wind" and this turned into what it has... is all the answer anyone needs to your question. What I said was indisputable, if you have a functioning brain. Yet the internet will always provide people that will make up reasons to argue against the blatantly obvious truth. Every time, like clockwork.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

EGO.

The fact that I can say something like "you need wind to learn to read the wind" and this turned into what it has... is all the answer anyone needs to your question. What I said was indisputable, if you have a functioning brain. Yet the internet will always provide people that will make up reasons to argue against the blatantly obvious truth. Every time, like clockwork.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Seriously don't ever quote if I have a functioning brain and having to make a wind call in the same sentence. I have for years had to make that call under the clock and in seconds, yes the last few years I have had to deal with work more than ELR. You can teach all you want to the new and folks wanting to improve. South Dakota, Kansas or the crazy winds in the mountains in which I have been exposed to has no validation over such a dumb ### response. Can't believe you dipped that low here over business and cash flow.

osoh
JH

My real issue is that I only have one area to shoot. Maybe two at odd times when crops are in and hunting season is out. I have to shoot on the same bearing. Same hedgerow, same field. But our winds tend to change a lot with lake and sea breezes And gusts. It would be nice to shoot out to every point of the compass and have some topography. We have humidity to spare if anyone needs some. But shooting to 1200 or 1000 in only one direction helps me reach another goal which is to be accurate enough to kill cleanly to 600-700 yards. That's all I need and a lot of stuff has to be just right for me to take those shots. But it is good to know I can if things are right. I'm pretty comfortable to 800 with the 308 if I have the range. Very much so with the 6.5-06

Seriously don't ever quote if I have a functioning brain and having to make a wind call in the same sentence. I have for years had to make that call under the clock and in seconds, yes the last few years I have had to deal with work more than ELR. You can teach all you want to the new and folks wanting to improve. South Dakota, Kansas or the crazy winds in the mountains in which I have been exposed to has no validation over such a dumb ### response. Can't believe you dipped that low here over business and cash flow.

osoh
JH
Feel good about yourself now? I bet it made sense in your head. However you interpreted what I said in this thread, must have really struck a cord.

lol

🤣 😆

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate