How do you decide what products to use?

Totally disagree with this! Nothing personal to AR. When something works and word gets around, demand creates higher prices. Less expensive is rarely better in my experience,
I agree if cost was first then most of us wouldn't be shooting the guns we have because most aren't off the shelf guns. And then we would only have one gun

Totally disagree with this! Nothing personal to AR. When something works and word gets around, demand creates higher prices. Less expensive is rarely better in my experience,
Kinda of more of an average would better describe decisions. So, you say if it cost more it has to be better? So, back again to cost! I did say cost is # 1 on decision, but didn't say cheap/low cost bullets. You misread or looked at it the wrong way. Monos are THE most/more expensive bullets to buy compared to c&c. On rarity I've purchased some. I'll also say this! I don't hunt big, dangerous or even medium sized game. Varmints and pest don't count as most bullets I use are fmj's as they feed the best in AR's. Sure there are other bullets that feed fine in AR's also, but don't use as many. Again, cost is my # 1 view on buying as I didn't say cheap/low cost bullets. If cost doesn't get results then the rest won't make any difference. I'm not taking any of what you stated personally as I have neighbors that are worse than anything on any social media!

Kinda of more of an average would better describe decisions. So, you say if it cost more it has to be better? So, back again to cost! I did say cost is # 1 on decision, but didn't say cheap/low cost bullets. You misread or looked at it the wrong way. Monos are THE most/more expensive bullets to buy compared to c&c. On rarity I've purchased some. I'll also say this! I don't hunt big, dangerous or even medium sized game. Varmints and pest don't count as most bullets I use are fmj's as they feed the best in AR's. Sure there are other bullets that feed fine in AR's also, but don't use as many. Again, cost is my # 1 view on buying as I didn't say cheap/low cost bullets. If cost doesn't get results then the rest won't make any difference. I'm not taking any of what you stated personally as I have neighbors that are worse than anything on any social media!
I hear where you are coming from especially if shooting AR's and mostly varmint hunting. And neighbors, LOL, who needs 'em.

@Samantha-CEB I'm glad to see y'all probing the forums. I contacted you some while back specifically asking for some sample packs of selections I wanted to try. I think this would make it affordable for folks looking to test the waters so to speak. Somewhere around 12-15 bullets and most will get a feel for the bullet in a known cartridge.

Second - I know your design is first and foremost centered on hunting. I think you could press this a little more. And put a Lazer in every caliber please.

Third - Clean up your website. In a few instances the descriptions cross over to the wrong bullet. Fortunately the detailed info section is spot on.

Last but not least I am a supporter of your products because they have worked so well for me. I also appreciate the professionalism CEB has shown.

@Samantha-CEB I'm glad to see y'all probing the forums. I contacted you some while back specifically asking for some sample packs of selections I wanted to try. I think this would make it affordable for folks looking to test the waters so to speak. Somewhere around 12-15 bullets and most will get a feel for the bullet in a known cartridge.

Second - I know your design is first and foremost centered on hunting. I think you could press this a little more. And put a Lazer in every caliber please.

Third - Clean up your website. In a few instances the descriptions cross over to the wrong bullet. Fortunately the detailed info section is spot on.

Last but not least I am a supporter of your products because they have worked so well for me. I also appreciate the professionalism CEB has shown.
I appreciate your honest feedback!

With long range shooting expense is difficult to explain. I would venture to guess that most people have $5000+ invested in a rifle. I haven't ever seen where anyone was shooting a H&R or a Rossi rifle long range accurately. If the product is consistent and works for my application then price gets minimal consideration. To have a company that competitors are using their products in King of the 2 Mile might be worth spending a few dollars more. JMO

Here are a few of my questions:
-What influences your decision to try a new product? Is it word of mouth, a google search, an ad, etc??
-What would be an incentive to push you over the edge to try a new product?
-Do you prefer to try new things or stick with tried and true?
Thanks for reaching out to the forum. I hope you have your companies full support in doing that. While you are doing an excellent job managing and engaging this discussion, I have seen too many folks start a battle with manufacturers reps on forums. All it takes is one guy who makes a bad shot and freaks out on CEB.

Anyways, thank you.

Probably the biggest factor to me is can I see the performance advantages?….in bullets, that is showing numerically max velocity and min velocity expansion. At what velocity does it tumble. What is test barrel accuracy standard? I guess I'm saying I like real specs. …Like the guy who talked about 100% waterproof vs IP67.

I like companies who do not pay for celebrity/gunwriter opinion. Most bullets kill….some are better and more consistent.

I like companies that engage their customers well one on one, like this thread. Thanks. Another thing that works well is some kind of forum special like lrh member 10% of sample packs! Just something engaging that recognizes the value of much of what can be read off here.

I also respect what work you have done to develop your product. Teach us why it is best.

I choose new products based on a feature, spec and perceived increase in performance over current. I prefer to try new.

BTW, the ideal sample pack size to me is 40 bullets. 10 to find max pressure. 10 to check dispersion. 20 to confirm dispersion at 2 other charge weights! I can see as small as 30 being useful.

Quick question. Why are some bullets listed as SINGLE FEED on your website?

I may have to order some Maximus to try! Any tips on seating depth?

@Samantha-CEB,

I've been shooting your bullets for a few years now.
Bought some the first time I met some people from CEB at the Harrisburg Outdoors Show.
Missed you all this year!

I live in Altoona, and hunt mostly up near Bennezette PA.
Stopped into your plant a few times.
Kinda hard to find though. I had to call for directions both times. Lol

I'll make this note people, so pay attention!!
When I stopped by their offices, ALL the people were quite pleasant! All seemed genuinely proud of what they were doing & the product they are making!
And everyone I talked with in the office KNEW their products!

Great group of people!!!

I was wanting to stop in & get some more bullets from you, but your address is now Boise, Idaho.???

As others have mentioned, useful load data is extremely helpful!
But in this day & age, printing an actual manual is quite the investment in both time and money.
I would think having a load data section on the website may be more worth your while.

As for getting the word out, it needn't be hard or expensive.

Have an annual or semi annual range day.

Maybe a raffle for a day of hunting with CEB.

Meet & greet at the shop.

And remember, this is just but one of the forums out there.
Just because it may be more competition oriented, doesn't mean their members don't hunt!!