How did you find us here at LRH.com?

I was browsing a barns forum about long range hunting bullets. I started hunting in 1986 at 40, and had to pause at 50. Texas born. I built a sporter in 308 from a mauser. Hunted mule dear in SD. All deer harvested with handloads with barns bullets in original or X. Looking to get into long range shooting and hunting with 300 Win Mag.

Came across this forum researching long range shooting. Did some digging around and liked the wealth of information provided by the members. There are some very knowledgeable shooters. I just had to join.

Our 5th anniversary is coming up on April 11, 2006. I think we should have Dave King think up some really wierd festivities to mark the occasion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dave....? (Maybe start a new thread --- 5th Anniversary)

We will be up to over 6,000 members by then. I am interested in hearing how some of you more recently new members have found us.

So...let's hear it!

I surfed n via a web search for 338 Cartridge Brass. I'm a gunsmith in Santa Fe, New Mexico (soon to be near Sandpoint, Idaho).

I looking for once fired .338 Lapua Mag. brass and shooters who have experience with this ctg. OR, the 300 Lapua mag (30-388 Mag).

I was online looking for shooting bench build plans and ran across your site and thought I would check it out, because I love to shoot and just got a place to shoot long range. I would like to learn more about long range shooting.

I think I was searching articles on 6.5 creedmoor vs. 260 Remington when I found this sight. Lots of great information here. I joined a few months ago and this is my first post.

I was browsing the internet for the brightest headlamp available. I saw a thread about headlamps, but none of the ones suggested were as bright as the 5.11 S+R H6 that I am already aware of. I am looking for something brighter. I found one on amazon claiming to be 12000 Lumen, but the listing looked fishy to me, so I'm looking elsewhere for now.

I may have posted before, but if not..... it was probably from watching 'Best of the West' on TV, or possibly in a shooters forum at Beartooth Bullets.
Anyhow.....I'm in Palm Harbor Fla., a kinda old guy that has been 'around the Swamp' a few times, and love shooting and hunting. ( As well as fishing.....hence my screen name. ) Married with grown children, and a brand new granddaughter as of last Nov.
I love God, my Family and Country, and will protect the Constitution with my life.
I barely ( VERY barely...) tolerate Progressives, and don't handle idiots or 'stupid' well at all.
I don't reload, but NEED to start very shortly. My best 'Long Range' stuff is a Rem. 700 SS in .270 Win., and an Adams Arms piston upper on a Palmetto State lower in 5.56 mm. AR.
I'm here to learn all I can about seriously accurate rifles, optics, peripheral gear, and knowledge to put one together and run it with skill.

My 2 centavos..... Lee.

I think I was referred by YouTube. Searching for direction with my 270 wsm. Seams that there is a lot of info floating around here.

Looking for load information for a 257 WYB. It was several years ago, since then I have visited the site on numerous occasions. I find the site to be very informative. Located in Centeral Texas.

Hello fello shooting & hunting nuts :). I'm new to the group and figured this looked like a good group to get involved in for some long range shooting and hunting as well as reloading which I have yet to start but am hopefully going to be doing very soon and will be asking some questions from the reloading vets on here.

I am also interested in the for sale section to sell and buy from trust worthy sources.

I was born and raised in Las Vegas, NV where the shooting was great but now I live and working in the Kansas City area and am always looking for matches and good hunting spots.

I am 33 years old and have been shooting since I could pick up a firearm. Shooting is my passion in life.

Thanks for the add.
-RS

Hello LRH.com members. I am new to the site - recommended to me by a lifelong friend and hunting buddy. I was raised in and still resident to Texas although planning retirement someday in Tennessee. My most memorable hunt was for Cape Buffalo in the Selous region of Tanzania on a true wilderness safari in 2006 which was the fulfillment of a lifelong dream I shared with my buddy Lee. I have recently gained more interest in hunting slightly longer distances. I don't anticipate competition, but would like to make shots out to day 4-600 yard range on the varmints that plague TX and TN ranchers (coyote in particular). I just completed a build of an AR platform rifle in 6.5 Grendel - Bushmaster (older gen) lower, Alexander Arms upper, Timney trigger. Now I am shopping for just the right scope. LRH forum has been a good help. I don't have the budget for a Night Force, so have been looking at VorTex, Bushnell, Leopold selections. From what i have read, it looks like a scope with FFP, Parallax Adjustment, Zero Return, and probably in the range of 4-16 or 6-20 variable would probably work for my purposes. Would appreciate any thoughts / input from the forum members. Thanks and God Bless all you vets out there on this upcoming Memorial Day.
Steelbob

I may have posted before, but if not..... it was probably from watching 'Best of the West' on TV, or possibly in a shooters forum at Beartooth Bullets.

Ditto, the OLD Best of the West with John Burns and Bobby Beeman. Was really the only hunting show I ever liked. The Gunwerks guys on Long Range Pursuit are real good too but I don't get that channel. Wonder how many people got introduced to the notion of long range hunting by John Burns and crew?

Recent Posts