How did you find us here at LRH.com?

Newbe here. I was surfing for recommendations for a scope. Just bought one of the last of the M77 Hawkeye in 257 Bob.
My LR gun is in .338 LM; I've yet to take it out to 1K.
61 yrs old, so pretty soon I'll be able to spend lots more time on the range.
So Cal.

Last edited:
Hello,
I'm up late, wife's out of town. I did a web search on the ballistic losses of a shorter barrel with 308 win.
I currently have a 21" Lothar Walter.

I heard about the site while searching info on Id hunting units. Happy to be a part of LRH and hope to contribute. I'm from Placerville, CA. My passion is rifle hunting/shooting in the West, ID, WY, NV. A handloader who enjoys the performance of the 30/06.

Well hello there fellow cheesehead, I became interested in Long-range shooting because of the show called best of the West, from there on I became hooked, and thanks to you guys I was able to purchase some high tech gear and the awesome huskema scope, and to buy my 1st scope with a Turret and after a few simple steps I was shooting out to 600 yards no problem. Thanks again len and Andy for carrying top notch gear. :)

I was looking up information on Long Range Shooting, and found this site. I am currently living in Houston, Texas for the last 4 years, but, have lived all over the U.S. and now also get to travel the globe quite a bit.

TechHunter

I was just talking to a friend that does long range target shooting and he uses a Sharps 74. I started looking into it for myself and stumbled across this site. I want to follow it for a while and see if it will be my next foray. I've shot some competition years ago.

Our 5th anniversary is coming up on April 11, 2006. I think we should have Dave King think up some really wierd festivities to mark the occasion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dave....? (Maybe start a new thread --- 5th Anniversary)

We will be up to over 6,000 members by then. I am interested in hearing how some of you more recently new members have found us.

So...let's hear it!

Hi
Liam here from the Rep of Ireland,came across you site by lucky chance :)D), I am in the Military,34yrs service to date. Looking forward to if possible to partake in discussions etc in the near future
Regards

Our 5th anniversary is coming up on April 11, 2006. I think we should have Dave King think up some really wierd festivities to mark the occasion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dave....? (Maybe start a new thread --- 5th Anniversary)

We will be up to over 6,000 members by then. I am interested in hearing how some of you more recently new members have found us.

So...let's hear it!

Hope this isn't too far off topic but I get a bit windy at times.:rolleyes:

I don't remember when exactly it was I first signed on but originally I was looking for advice on rifles for long range competition and hunting. Competition interested me but not the formal super long range stuff. I found I cannot afford going at that full bore and if I cannot get into it I don't want to spend a lot of time and money learning about it.

Later I just started shooting my new Savage 11 V/T .308 for funzies and also started trying to get my Marlin 336 .30-30 to make me look good. Now I want to get rid of the 30 caliber guns and just settle in with a 5.56. I got the .30 cal guns for Texas hunting but I moved back to Iowa and cannot use them big boomers much there.

A .223/5.56 will suffice and it is a lot cheaper to load and shoot. So, that is the plan...but we all know just how that can work. Coyotes will be the main target and the 5.56 will do very well for song doggies.

I either have to fire off my handloads for both .30 guns so I can sell it all. I also have several hundred factory rounds I bought when components were scarce. In factory boxes, that stuff should sell ok, as long as I can do a F2F.

I look in now and then but until I get another rifle I will probably not need a lot of help...unless someone close to the Quad Cities IL/IA wants to buy all my junk, which is in VERY good, almost new condition.:D

Searching for info just sent my new Savage pred max1 6.5 creedmoor back to Savage. Factory spec. ammo was sticking solid in the lands. Wanted to see if anyone else had the problem. When I gave them the ser. no. they just started typing recall order so you no they new throat was short!

Somebody twisted my arm, I won't mention any names, but speaking of which; who stole my name already? I promise I will find you, hunt you down, twist your arm behind your back and force you to join one of my sites and have to think up a new name...gun)

I'm just kidding :D, but this does look like an interesting site here and I look forward to meeting people.

HI Ya'll i found this site looking up load data,i'm new to reloading nice to have a place to go with all this knowlage floating around.awesome site.

I have just started to get back in to serious hunting now that my kids are at the hunting age. I have always hunted but being here in Arizona I am on a 14 year dry spell without getting drawn for elk! My time is at hand and any year I should have a excellent hunt and I am sure it will be worth the wait. While I have been waiting to get drawn I have traveled all over the west fly fishing and have grown to love the fishing that I have been able to do. Now that I have returned in full force with my kids getting drawn for all species I have become addicted to reloading and have some oldies to reload for. Right now I am reloading for a 284 and a 300 H&H and would like to maximize the capabilities of this gun.

Thanks for such a great site with so much information. I have been looking and learning for a few months now.

Recent Posts