How about a 300 Win Mag “Modified”?

This reminds me of a shirt I designed for somebody a while back.
yHzKGHw.jpg

BAM! Definitely stealing it.

The market caters to the people. If they don't want a belt they get a cartridge without a belt. Here we have another example of someone that enjoys their win mag but wishes it didn't have a belt.

I don't see how this is so hard to understand.

Cough 28nosler/7stw

Anyway, I'm out. OP has gotten options for exactly what they want. This thread is headed toward another dumpster fire.

It don't get no simpler than that
. It is only hard to understand for those that are closed-minded that thinks they know everything (esp. those without "real world" experience) and wants everybody to know. You gotta love ...

Or the Ultra Mag of you want considerably more velocity. That said, I've been shooting a 300 WM for better than 40 years with no "problems". It's a great cartridge and unless you step up to an ultra mag, the velocity gains are incremental.

You have to consider how much room the bullet takes up inside the case. Empty shells aren't necessarily an apples to apples comparison.

it doesn't get more apples to apples to apples than comparing where a cartridge is going to start at as far as case volume!

I was simply bringing facts to the table not a guesstimate!

Last edited:
I have a 300 Win Mag that I had headspace problems with. Had it rechambered to the 30 Nosler. Had to cut the barrel back due to the cartridge length so I lost a little length on the barrel but no biggy. It was a 24". The 30 Nosler will outperform the 300 WM by a bit so if you have a 22" barrel and cut back a bit and rechamber you won't be getting much advantage of the 30 over the 300. But that sounds like that is not what you are after anyways. The 30 Nosler is a good cartridge.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.