Hot weather shirt

J.G.W

Guys I'm looking for a good camo hot weather hunting shirt. Temperatures in the northern parts of Australia regularly exceed 40C or around 100F. I was looking at the Kuiu Peloton (if they ever make them again) or the Sitka Core Lightweight Crew, I like this style of shirt that can be worn on its own or as a base layer. Has anyone had any experience with either of these or any other recommendations. Thanks in advance.

I get a few sitka ones on 40% off sale and thought still expensive but why not now? The neck opening isn't the most comfortable or it could be the drape of the cut and how it fits. I was trying to streach it out for awhile. I did get used to it and wear them all the time because the fabric is the bomb for hot days. Have a long sleeve and two t-shirts.

I do a lot in the Mojave desert. Sixsite hase some performance shirts and a hoodie that are good to go in the heat. Long sleeve are a must imo. https://sixsitegear.com/collections/all

There are some non-branded shirts made of same polyester "performance" fabric much cheaper. https://www.cabelas.com/product/CAB...d0BEHIL1PQI2YVbytcRoCCvMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I look for the "wetsuit" style stiching so ther isn't a seam when I layer or wear under a pack. Some of the hot weather fishing apparel is made of same fabric and suitable for hunting. Huk for instance has some camo patterns that work well in the bush.

I live on the Texas gulf coast, and like the Columbia, or PFG shirts. They do make them in camo. 100% lightweight cotton. and breathable. There not too bad when I were them to the Phillipines.

I'm concerned about UV rays when dealing with a strong sun. I'm a firm believer in a shirt with a UPF rating. I have shirts by HUK, Pelagic, and Simms in long sleeves. They are available in camo patterns that aren't quite as traditional but are still very functional.

I'm a retired fishing guide. I did forget to mention long sleeve. I do have several. I wear them when calling yotes in the hill country during the summer. and of course traveling to the south pacific. The humity is more brutal there, than in Texas. Down there in May you can't stay out in the sun more than a few minutes without protection or you will cook. I'm not in to that anymore, I've spent way too many days in the sun without protection and its starting to really show.

I second the KUIU tiburon. Love mine for hunting so much I just bought another pair of the pants I a solid color for everyday wear.
I have the tiburon snap up shirt with the collar so if you have any calls or for me a bugle tube that hangs around your next it helps to protect.

Kuiu tiburon. I dont like that kuiu has turned into a fashion statement but the tiburon is my favorite hot weather shirt by far

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts