Hornady Superformance with GMX

mountainman56

I was getting short on brass for my 7x57 and my local store had a few boxes of Hornady Superformance with 139gr gmx bullets so I thought I would give it a try. Rifle is a 25 year old Winchester model 70 featherweight with an original Weaver K2.5 scope. Not the kind of firearm usually posted here :) but I keep this one for close range hogs and deer in the mesquite where the light weight and quick handling are the biggest advantage.

Long story short the factory Hornady loads shot inside 1 moa (just barely) at both 100 and 200 yards. I figure if they will do this with my little buggy whip barrel I am certainly going to try the gmx in other cartridges. I am wondering how many others load them and what kind of mileage you are getting?

using the 130 gmx (pushed by I4831) as my non tox bullet in one of my 270 wins... I like to have at least a couple of rifles with non tox loads ready and waiting in case I ever need them... the gmx is about as good as the tsx to me... sub moa in a decent rifle if you do your part on ld... Not the best lr pill but good to at least mid range...

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.