Hornady - Precision Hunter - 300WSM 200 ELD-X

Muddyboots

Like a lot of fellas on here I tried the 200 ELD-X in 300WSM with RL-17 and pleased with results so far. I grabbed a box of the PC at a really good price just to see how they shoot for a friend who doesn't load. The first thing I measure was COAL and was pleasantly surprised to see 19/20 at exactly 2.845 OAL (one was 0.001 longer) which makes me think a bit of trying that COAL IF they shoot well. The OGIVE measurement was even more impressive for a factory hunting round. 20/20 were 2.182.

I hope to get to range early next week to see how they shoot with friend plus I plan on "borrowing" couple rounds thru my rifle.

I wanted to share this info in case anyone was working up this load to see what the PC measurements were right out of the box. The jump in my rifle with this measurement is more like a leap! The measurements were made with Stoney Point and your mileage may vary with them. Although this is a factory round, like all loading info, this is what I found when I measured and not necessarily safe in your rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts