Hornady ELDX Performance

• Thread starter Deleted member 112099
  • Start date
Dang that guy was that sensitive? He deleted his profile. No one attacked him...good riddens if his skin is that thin.
Dang that guy was that sensitive? He deleted his profile. No one attacked him...good riddens if his skin is that thin.
Ya, somebody told him to go buy his meat from a grocery store or something like that, so he probably thought this whole thread was am attack on him. Some of these guys dont know when to give it rest though, gusd and rfurman, were just going off, it got ridiculous. But 300 whisper I was getting a kick out of your comments, they were funny, but you trying to redirect the conversation just wasn't going to work. You tried, good on you. I actually like this forum for the most part, I've been reading it for years. There's been a lot of good useful information on here.

As for me and rfurman going at it.
If you read my posts you will see I never knocked any particular bullet or bullet choice!!!! All I stated was that the ELDM was designed to be a match/target bullet. He just got overly sensitive for his love of the ELDM. The he brought the Berger hybrid into the conversation.

Umm, I don't think a trucks bc is high enough. Wouldn't you think a sports car would do a better job? ;)

I think that a 1988 Honda Accord has a better BC than a pickup truck......but, they ain't worth a d@m€ for taking out a moose! :) Ask me how I know! :D memtb

"I killed up couple deer with my truck and the manufacturer does not recommend it even though it seems to work great!"
I really enjoyed the above quote. I don't claim to be an expert in extreme long-range hunting but I'm a genuine, certified expert in motor vehicle vs. deer accidents. I also have probably killed about 2 dozen whitetails in my life while hunting. And well over a couple hundred as a result of MV accidents. I'm a retired deputy sheriff from and extremely deer rich county in Nebraska and of the, about 20 years I've worked well over 1000 car/deer accidents. Many of these corn fed deer can be well over 200 lbs and I have known of some topping 300. [Sorry Texas but not everything in down there is bigger :) ]. About 30% or more of these deer were still alive when I got there. So from a range of around 2 feet I have killed a lot of severely wounded deer with .22lr, 380 acp., 38 spl., 9mm, 40cal. and 45acp. And some more at anywhere from 50ft. to 250 yards with a 22lr, 223 rem., 243 win., 308win., 30-06 spr., 12 ga. 00 buck and my former Sheriff's favorite, the 1 oz 12 gauge slug. You can decide which of the above is appropriate for range vs. bullet and most of you will be correct.
I have seen a 115gr 9mm JHP go through a doe's skull and exit out the bottom and she promptly jumped up and ran 3 or 4 steps, then collapsed and it was over. If I wasn't the officer that fired that shot I would not have believed it!
My point is no matter what pipsqueak round or teeth rattling shoulder cannon you have, it can work beautifully or fail miserably. As for our family motor vehicles vs. deer category, Our daughter hit 1, my wife got 2, I got 7 with one patrol car or another and 1 more with my pickup and it was broad daylight. And I was only putt-zing along at 25 MPH. What kind of deer can't avoid a pickup crawling along at 25?

Did mark223 really just call out us Texans?
Heck, I bet there are counties in Texas with more deer/auto collision kills than the entire state of Nebraska.
Lol
Only kidding!
But after reading this entire thing, and many others, I feel I'm starting to learn the personalities of many of the members. Some are very assertive, some strong willed, and most all are way more knowledgeable than I about many of the topics. But all seem to be willing to help out those who are less experienced.
I'm fairly new to posting also and I really don't have a lot of time to devote, but I feel I'm learning a lot.
As for the one who began the conversation, I hate that he/she felt the need to exit, but
You don't go into your wife's kitchen and criticize her cooking or
Go into your neighbors house and re-arrange the furniture.
Being new, I don't weight in much, and when I do, I feel it's better to not seem confrontational.
If someone is going to post opinionated comments, they can't get "butt hurt" when the regular members disagree or even get agitated.
I don't really care what bullet anyone uses to kill whatever they want.
I do know this,
The f150 is probably the leading killer here with a Silverado a close second. The ram just won't get the job done.
Lol
Humor is alway best!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.