Hornady ELD-X bullets

Brentc
Where are you getting the .308s? I ordered some 30 cal and some .264s from Midway when the announcement first came out. I recently received an email from them saying they did not know when they would be delivered. I'm eager to to see them in actual hunting with many guys to find out how they fly and how they perform on game. ? I've seen Aaron's writing about them but I want to see a lot more.
Paul

I have a back order at Midway for 30 cal and 264 ELD-X bullets and have heard nothing from them at all. Has anybody received any bullets and tested them out. I still would like to see a number of folks on this forum get them in the field to see how they actually fly and how they perform on game. I believe Aaron and the Gunwerks folks but they are in the business. I would like to see what regular folks think of them. Thanks.
Paul

I have a back order at Midway for 30 cal and 264 ELD-X bullets and have heard nothing from them at all.

I never heard from my 6.5 143 ELD-X backorder from Midway either. I cancelled it and ordered 800 from Precision Reloading and received them today. I've done nothing other than open one of the boxes to look at the bullets in the bag. They look like little red-tipped javelins.

I received the 30 cal 200's I ordered from Midway this past Saturday. Loaded up a few for the 300 wsm today and I'm going to try to get out in the morning to try them out.

Yes if someone happens to run the 212 thru a 300 Rum with good results lets hear it! I am going to try some h1000 and retumbo loads when my 212's show up.

Does anybody have any field reports on these? I'm really interested in how they fly, especially compared to Bergers, and how they perform on game shot far and near. Thanks.
Paul

Well I finally made it out the other day to try them. 61.7 grains of h4350 produced 2850 fps In the 300 WSM with the 200 grain Eld-x. Shot about 1/2 moa on the first loads I tried so that was promising. Going to try some other powders and see if I can get a bit more velocity.

Is it at least possible that in a period of historically high demand for their type products, and within an industry that for some time now has been hard pressed to keep up with consumer demand, a company is taking the opportunity to SELL THE SIZZLE rather than explain their efforts to develop a new manufacturing process geared toward increased production and line consolidation?

Is it at least possible that in a period of historically high demand for their type products, and within an industry that for some time now has been hard pressed to keep up with consumer demand, a company is taking the opportunity to SELL THE SIZZLE rather than explain their efforts to develop a new manufacturing process geared toward increased production and line consolidation?

Huh?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.