Hornady ELD-X 162 grain issues.

MOOSE39465

Has anyone else experienced poor accuracy in 7mm Remington magnum using these bullets? I have tried RL-22 and H1000 powders. My twist rate is 1-9 and 26 inch barrel

Shot great in the two 7mms ive tried them in. Will see how they shoot in my 7mm mashburn when its finished

Newer box.

Because of the larger bearing surface, I've had to play with the seating depth a lot. I've even had to match my .308s seating depth to the factory precision hunter to get started with THAT particular cartridge.
212gr for my .300 win mag was on the other hand, much easier for whatever reason, as i did a small jump to the lands. So maybe try to tweak the seating depth around some more?

I've had VERY mixed results with the ELD-X. So much so that I stopped wasting time with them. I've heard the ELD-M is fine but don't have personal experience with those.

I have a 7mm rem long range and using 162s that are producing 1/2 moa. These are factory loads also. I will continue to use as long as they shoot that good.

My 7mm shoots sub-MOA with AMaxes and ELDM s; tried the ELDX and got patterns, not groups... about modified choke !!

As someone else stated just gonna stay with ELDM. Know two or three friends had same results.

Through trial and error got some shooting well in Rem 700 LR for a friend. I've now traded him for the rifle. Not sure I will continue to use the ELD. How close to the lands are you? This rifle seems to be pretty long throated, bullets are set way out.

We had to load it a little hotter using R22 than the load data said.

Has anyone else experienced poor accuracy in 7mm Remington magnum using these bullets? I have tried RL-22 and H1000 powders. My twist rate is 1-9 and 26 inch barrel
Have a Savage 111 long range hunter, 1-9, 26" barrel 7mm rem mag. shooting 162gr ELD-X over 67.1gr of H1000, 3.290 COL, win LR mag primer in Hornady brass. = 3000 fps / 1/2" moa or less all day long.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.