Hornady ELD-X 143gr or Berger Ellite Hunter 140gr

I have been impressed with Berger bullets in every caliber I have tried them in, they are my go to for accuracy in my precision rifle. It looked like Hornady was producing some good bullets like the 147 ELD M too, however I have been seeing reports of them coming apart over 3k fps. If that is true, I certainly will not use them. My 6.5 PRC with a 30" barrel will push them too hard. No problem with Berger!

whichever your rifle shoots best--both good bullets but we had trouble with core jacket separations in the 143 ELD-X...which was a heartache because we like that bullet--others we know have had no problems tho . I'd also add 142 Nosler Accubond LR to the mix. Great bullets and we all settled for those and Sierra Game Changers in our various .264 rigs.
Curious to know what you are shooting the game changers in. I just picked some up and was going to try them in my PRC.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.