Hornady Precision Hunter Ammo ELD-X

jaybo

I don't reload so I had to wait a while to get the new Hornady ELD-X bullets in the Precision Hunter Ammo. They finally came in and I was surprised when I opened the box. There was a lot of oxidation on the brass and about 30% of the brass was dinged up. I do have a concentricity gauge and I had to adjust each bullet as most were .006 and a few .008. Now let me say that the caliber is 300 win mag and I have found that the larger the caliber the further factory ammo is out but... I have a box of 7mm mag already on order and will have to wait and see what they look like and I am hoping that they are in better shape.

Has anyone else purchased this ammo and if so what condition was it in? I have used many different brands of ammo to find which brand each rifle likes and this was by far the worst. If I was purchasing in a store and had the opportunity to inspect it first I probably would have passed.

Doesn't surprise me on the runout I have checked a lot of premium ammo and it is not unusual at all to see runout in the .006 or greater range !

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.