Hornady .338 in ELD-X

Looks like they have a 270 grain version as well.
Plus Nosler has the 265 grain accubond LR.
Just in time, my .338 RUM is in need of a new barrel.

Last edited:
Yes thus bullet looks to be tailor made for the win mag, should be able to push to 2900-2950 out of a 26" barrel without too much trouble. Breathes some new life into a great classic big game cartridge.

I am a great fan of the 225gr in my 338 Win and Rum. I use mostly Swift A frames. in 225gr ...and harvested moose easy out to 500 yards.
But in my Lapua I really like 300gr Berger VLD hunting bullets.....but that gun is in another rehm. :)

I noticed Federal has come out with new bullet very similar ELDX bullets for 2018.
A heat resistant tip similar to Bear Claws

Last edited:
IMG_1283.JPG
Really like the 270 gr Badlands Super Bulldozer bullet, have a box on hand to mess with, they also make a 240 gr for those who prefer a lighter bullet, turned solid copper with a deep hp and aluminum tip

View attachment 83786 Really like the 270 gr Badlands Super Bulldozer bullet, have a box on hand to mess with, they also make a 240 gr for those who prefer a lighter bullet, turned solid copper with a deep hp and aluminum tip
SL,
That Badlands bullet is about design concept perfect, from my perspective.
Is the manufacturer legit, compared to W3?
Any info. on reliability of expansion & accuracy yet?
I've finally had enough bullet splatter and meat shredder experiences with non-bonded lead core bullets to toss in the towel and go 100% copper.
I value tipped bullets as more reliable expanders than B-style bullets. So I'm hyped to see this bullet, the first AL-tipped lathe cut, high BC copper bullet I've seen come to market.
I'm happy with high quality bonded controlled expansion lead core bullets for bear/camp defense, and hunting at <~350-400yds. But I experience too much carnage with high BC lead core target style bullets, tipped or non-tipped, even at 700yds.
1000 is about the farthest I shoot, so these look very promising to my druthers/preferences.
Cost doesn't bother me terribly as after load development, I don't target shoot much.

Badlands Precision LLC is a legit bullet manufacturer and have a website and Facebook page, the owner Jason Sejnoha is also a member of the "Wildcat Cartridges in Custom Rifles" Facebook group and readily answers questions about his bullets and what's coming, he is currently testing a 375 cal Super Bulldozer that will be available early next year,

Haven't shot any yet but have a box of the 338 cal 270 gr Super Bulldozers and 30 cal 196 gr Bulldozers that will be in the air soon now that the -10 F temps have passed by and it warmed up to a nice balmy +10 F

http://www.badlandsprecision.com/

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.