Horandy Neck turning lathe?

zr600

Ok so I have a tight chamber 22-243ai for my coyote rifle. It's neck in the chamber is .255 and that's the size of a loaded round. So I have a hornady neck turner. I slowly started turning and got it to a .252 loaded round. I just slowly took material until I was were I wanted. So I started turning neck. After about 10 pieces I checked again and the last five were at .246 with out touching anything. Has anyone had experience with this neck turner? The brass that was turned right had about .012 neck wall thickness and it's consistent, the brass that's at .246 wall thickness is like .008-.009 or so. Any advice? I'm about fed up with tight reamers my last barrel I couldn't shoot lapua brass on low nodes and it had a tight neck also you couldn't slid a bullet into the neck. This one the same it's shooting accurate fire forming with a 255 loaded neck diameter but I was going to turn necks but if it's just going to ruin my brass I'm just going to try and shoot it.

You need to measure your stuff.
If your chamber neck is .255, then you're not shooting .255 loaded necks.
You should be checking thickness of each neck as you turn.
Low nodes and dropping bullets through necks means nothing to each other.

Get a better neck turning system, and cool the turner between cuts.

K+M turner bodies are not expensive, you should look them up. I turn my 243 down to .00125" in one pass without any problems. It's not an AutoDOD but it's functional and a costs a whole whole whole lot less. I'd rather order a reamer with the correct neck clearance than turn personally.

Do you have a tube mic to measure neck thickness with?

I am measuring with a tube mic and have a regular mic too.

I'm getting them turned learned a lesson with a few pieces. Measuring everyone and backing it off on every piece then slowly turning every piece. It's consistent that way. I'm measuring every piece multiple times so I know what I'm taking off. It will be a long process but it will work.

I've done 200 284 win, and 300 20 Vartarg with the Hornady. Followed the directions on set up and sprayed some lube on the cutter. Worked great for me.