Home Built Target Camera

agdavis

I did a lot of looking on the internet for different camera systems for target shooting and decided to build my own after I read a few articles from people that have made their own. I know a little about electronics but I rushed into this with out much fore thought. I ordered most of the parts and when I got them they all had different ways to connect to each other. :rolleyes:

I am wondering if someone on here can tell me what these connectors are on the security camera I ordered are......
20151029_131441.jpg
I also need to know if it is possible to wire them to the wireless transmitter with the premade wire set up that they sent me (Black and Red wire are power for camera and Yellow is video, green is audio but I am not sure about white)
20151029_131421.jpg
I also need to find out about the connectors to get power to the transmitter
20151029_131404.jpg

The inspiration for this project was mainly from an article from Driver160651 on the Sniper's Hide forum. I was planning on sending him a message to ask some questions but you need to be a member to do that and I did not want to get a subscription to Sniper's Hide when I can get the same info off of this forum for free.
The article is under this link; Sniper's Hide - Long Range Shooting, Precision Marksmanship, Gear Testing & Reviews - Scout Front Page

The yellow connector is a BNC don't know about the other.

RadioShack may be a solution if you still have one around.

Digikey.com will have what you need but stuff is hard to find in the catalog.

I recently put together a camera system that has been tested out to just over a mile.

Line of sight distance isn't a problem. However I'm using a Cannon Point & Shoot which has to be too close to the target for comfort.

The resolution of the signal leaves a lot to be desired as far as a clear image goes.

Good luck with your quest.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.