Holy hazmat!!!

I bought 16 Lbs of powder which brings the price way down.

The big difference was hazmat and shipping so the base powder price was essentially the same. Tax on both was about the same. Hazmat for that order was $11.50 or thereabouts. So even with my LGS paying a hazmat fee and shipping he was still competitive with Midway.

Kinda hard to volume up when product you want is limited to 1#.
I use RL15, IMR 4831, RL22, CFE223, Superperformance, IMR7828, IMR4350, BLC(2), RL19, IMR4064, H414, and numerous pistol powders. If I order on line, I order the limited ones and several others to make the poundage and amount enough to be worth it. I will order 8lb kegs when possible, too. But I reload for several calibers in both rifle and pistol.

I use RL15, IMR 4831, RL22, CFE223, Superperformance, IMR7828, IMR4350, BLC(2), RL19, IMR4064, H414, and numerous pistol powders. If I order on line, I order the limited ones and several others to make the poundage and amount enough to be worth it. I will order 8lb kegs when possible, too. But I reload for several calibers in both rifle and pistol.

I have most of those already and don't need more at the moment. I have a couple more rifles in the pipeline and those and the ones I have are gonna have to learn to live on a diet of IMR4955 IMR7977 or Reloder23 [which I understand is scarce] or any powder with a copper fouling reducer in it.

I just prices out 8 - 1 lbs to 1 - 8 lbs. There was about $30.00 dollars more for the 1 lbs. If you are loading 75+ grs of powder that only gets you about 90 rounds per lbs. 1 lbs is 7000 grs of powder. divide that what your powder load is see just how many loads are going to get out of a 1-lbs. By the time you get started working up a load you are out of a 1 lbs of powder when changing bullets, primers, cases, and COAL and a few other things.
SSS

I just prices out 8 - 1 lbs to 1 - 8 lbs. There was about $30.00 dollars more for the 1 lbs. If you are loading 75+ grs of powder that only gets you about 90 rounds per lbs. 1 lbs is 7000 grs of powder. divide that what your powder load is see just how many loads are going to get out of a 1-lbs. By the time you get started working up a load you are out of a 1 lbs of powder when changing bullets, primers, cases, and COAL and a few other things.
SSS
Yep. That's why I keep at least 8 lbs of each type on hand.

I've cancelled a few orders in last year because when it came time to check out I couldn't pull the trigger with the fees. Luckily there are gun shows and small gun shops here in North Florida that have some powder, mostly IMR. Can't imagine if the election does not go our way.
John thanks for supporting local business. I am sure the shops where you are at appreciate it. I do most of my business locally. I have a website and most of my sales on the site are to local people that pick up at my shop after they order. I've shipped a few items but I really don't like to do that I would rather those people contact the local shops and keep money local.

This is one that was proposed in Pennsylvania in 2019.
The bill states a person would have to obtain a registry certificate from the Pennsylvania State Police in order to possess, transfer, sell, give, or accept a firearm. I think the certificate would cost $10 a year for each firearm. Last I heard from relatives , it was still being debated with little chance of passing. Think of it, $10.00 per year per gun.
Bruno is about $39.00 pound, and now they are out too. You could get 10 pounds at a time in the same lot. That nice. Pay as you go.

While I have not had any issues with them, Brunos doesn't seem to be shy about asking for "all of the money" and more.

While I have not had any issues with them, Brunos doesn't seem to be shy about asking for "all of the money" and more.

This is what I was looking for. Found out that I had saved it on my computer. Was scary chit then and is just as scary now. Note that they correctly refer to schumer as Schemer.

Sorry if this got posted in the wrong thread.

Attachments

• Summary-of-Notes-and-Minutes-Gun-Control.pdf
    82.5 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
I've reloading for over 58 yrs now. Every time Dem's are looking at taking power or gov. over. There a run on reloading supplies. California (California) and other states trying to take our rights away. The reloading supplies dry up. It take months and even years to get the supply back up, and it seem like when the supplies come back there isn't as much before. The other is hand loading has gotten bigger every year. More equipment, and better equipment. I can't really blame people either. Bruno seem to me high per pound, but sold in reloaders lots, and and in 1 lbs containers. That works for a lot of people. Who know when they will be resupplied with power again too. It's not like they have stores in every state. So they are somewhat high on their powder, but they got it sold. They are not in the business to loose money. I didn't know of them until yesterday. TO LATE, DAM.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.