Holland recoil lug?

Ankeny

I am having Pac-Nor rebarrel a 700 Remington action and I intend to drop it into an HS precision stock. The work order includes a Holland recoil lug. Do any of you know for sure if a Holland recoil lug will fit into the HS Precision bedding block? I have asked Pac-Nor, HS, etc. and all I get is, "I don't know." If not, do any of you know the dimensions of a Holland 700 recoil lug? As long as I am on a roll, is there really any advantage to replacing the factory recoil lug in the first place? Thanks in advance.

Replacing the lug is probably not necessary but for me the $20 is worth the piece of mind to know you have a sturdy surface ground piece. The holland lugs are .250 thick and the HS stock I have has a .285 cut so it should fit. I don't know about the depth of the lug but a dremel should make quick work of the stock if it's not deep enough. Will the stock be bedded? Have a good one!

the H.S stock will need to be slightly inlettted for the Holland recoil lug.

If you are having the reciever blueprinted, it would be foolish to not install a surface ground recoil lug.
I also have a few factory recoil lugs here that are bent from heavy recoil and bad fit in the stock.

FWIW,
308Nate

The Sendero stocks and HS stocks need to be deepened for the Holland lug.

I would agree fully with the comments that it would be foolish not to use a precision ground heat treated lug if you are bothering accurizing and rebarreling a receiver.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.