Holiday meals

Chadp82

What does everyone cook with game meat for holiday meals?

For thanksgiving, we keep things pretty traditional. I don't turkey hunt, so I get one from the grocery store.

For Christmas, I will cook a venison roast or bacon wrapped medallions along with a turkey or ham. Last year we did a red wine sauce with a roast and it was delicious!

Just wondering if there are some tasty and creative game recipes people share with their family for the holidays.

Happy holidays all!

For Thanksgiving my wife prepares the traditional menu, turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, etc.

Christmas Eve is the big night for our family as we celebrate "The Feast of Seven Fishes". The menu changes every year but typically includes, crabs, shrimp, squid, scallops, clams, octopus, lobster tails, crab legs and fish of one sort or another. Pasta primavera is added to the mix along with Italian bread, which is picked up piping hot from the bakery just before we gather. Limoncello is served before, during or after the feast.

Christmas day we will usually enjoy a traditional Italian meal like, lasagna, stuffed shells, baked ravioli, or manicotti. A good traditional red wine accompanies all of our holiday meals.