Hog hunting question

ok, ok... you got me there. i forgot about babies. but other than the one bludgeoned to death below with 6 30 round mags worth of 223 ammo, you can't kill a REAL pig with a 223. there, better??

n6VMCSGn2qqDXvaRjWFni_3feYRQ99EdE7cnHoKMb3oqjhjBRo6Z7qT8OsVTftpmUt3G0kXhaR2lpTgMUPZ_tnRyR0PwRCcwRFppeNXmGaZpNJbyDB5QmA_7szDlca3B47DHR2b2V-KTpXI1N2iIeOK035c6QlwkcW1T127JcpfbyRqZIKMzS8JLtO11eefKKx5z-RZeKBUQkg1SbKX6e3xj7PXm8SaxossBa1v0bhg6hDZrQK07NI3Yob-61w_s1yor6UpO41P64-er-0pHNKzBONOy45O8bNvzParf_rq7Gq3AqcAHzl-pRqV4HnlsdP3lPIuSFAe7dUlHJhv8n8JPMXgj4wOkfmqd2Ugeroua28ahai2z8H-tiv_eL6Rv_J_h6IhXglh86FQvpE9uMQljJxlTbvF7kSA1GHFTn-NzM_OMpOIY0hzMIg7Ljx-qzLdEdG_suhG_nR7mDVsWqZmuVmbQPL4GZjwQ3HWKB3iK6WoppA4v7CM7eDTXPEje7DGDPsYDUe_pbsZV3wvkS_y9e4vJfUYTCO-tgz5UPAJ21iTM_pddbfm1LM1GOQQFFpwIYDOT3Pl61SzoMf2qaG7YK9gfD1h-rK4BTZDg8lKrjXND3SjoZep8CzUgB34kBva1jaUnG3KOlxDc-bwkRZMm=w1078-h808-no

OMG, the pictures are back! Think I'll head for the watering hole and drink myself into oblivion. Just can't stand that phony smile!
41149-a432c823d5071b98b3691a8c1814bc84.jpg

Well that smile is because I've seen that phone before but it was on an adult website and the suppressor was a male body part. He is very good with photo shop.

That said I've killed more hogs with my .223 than any other good bullet choice is key. I'm getting close to that number with my .300 blk may even passed it by now. The .458 socom is the best for the job but it's heavier than I like to carry. I just got a new 6.5 Grendel that may be the new hit ticket. Again bullet selection and shot placement is key. I'm loading the 99gr hammers in the 6.5.
The socom I like to shoot Texas heart shots for the fun of it. Hard to catch a 300gr cutting edge raptor in an animal but I try.

Lol no I have some on video though. I run the contour roam 3, and the new 4K with zoom lenses so I have a lot of my hunts on film as it is just a flip of the switch and it records. Just easier to use for hunting than a gopro. I run 12mm zoom lenses that make the film nice for normal hunting shots.

I have to say I have taken a lot with a 5.56/223 but it is sure not my favorite.

My favorite AR set up is a 6.5 Grendel--grendel hammers them

I have taken a few with a 458 so-com but don't have my suppressor set up for it--and it a bit loud.

I really like the AR set up for pigs...

I have to say I have taken a lot with a 5.56/223 but it is sure not my favorite.

My favorite AR set up is a 6.5 Grendel--grendel hammers them

I have taken a few with a 458 so-com but don't have my suppressor set up for it--and it a bit loud.

I really like the AR set up for pigs...

Yep my thoughts exactly. I don't really mind not have it suppressed because I use the sound gear and I use them even when using a can cause it helps my bad hearing.
My biggest complaint is how front heavy it is. Needs to be a sbr.

6.5 is the smallest caliber that i would hog hunt with. Even then i would want premium bullet. I had a 120gr nbt fail on a 275 lb hog out of a 260 rem. Second shot was behind the ear
Hog is a subjective word, here like a lot of places it can be used for something that can run anywhere from 35 lbs to 500. Bring enough gun. Now i use a 444 marlin and a handloaded 325 grain hardcast bullet. No hogs walk away as long as i do my part.
Kinda like going to deep sea fish with a zebco 33, you can catch a lot of fish but, there is always one there that will break your line.
The ar crowd use 5.56 successfully on hogs here though. Bring what you got with the best bullets available. The smaller the caliber, the more the need for tougher, well constructed bullets

Why is it that these kind of threads are so prevalent on every shooting forum, in every country. The answers are always the same and yet people keep posting answers genuinely trying to help and routinely get ignored. I just won't play anymore, guy wants to ask this question, hit the search function, there are a million threads.

What part of SC?

I was in Farifax SC. I took a large boar with a new 458 SOCOM, which I bought just for fun. A single shot through the lungs resulted in a quick kill.

RE: Using a 223 on hogs; there was a hunter there using a 223 to hunt pigs. He told me that he took four shots at a hog, of which he heard/saw three connect. The pig ran off far enough to not be recovered. I'm guessing that a larger caliber would have increased the odds of recovery.

That's just what I observed this week, I'm sure a good head shot with a 223 would have been a game changer.