California hog hunting

Used to go to Paso Robles, lots of hogs but the farmers and wineries who were always crying about crop damage decided to charge $500 a day for the privilege. A couple friends who live in the area told me some locals sneak into the old Camp Roberts, hunt hogs and hang the hides on the fence to let people know. Hope you have deep pockets, you could drive to Texas and hunt for a week on the same money including room and meals.

Try Doug Roth @ Camp 5 Outfitters in Bradley (by Camp Roberts). The number may be listed out of Paso Robles. He's not cheap but he's the best. Tom Willowby hunts a bit south of Camp 5, by San Miguel. Not as fancy or as much land but he's successful and cheaper. If you can't find the numbers e-mail me and I'll forward them. If the money isn't an object pick Camp-5.

morning, u could take Beverly or hollywoodsp hills or the walk
of fame or sunset strip. lots of greedy, liberal feral hog
in this vicinity. justme gbot tum

I'm in CA also, and find wild pig delicious, but paying a guide and/or a fee to hunt private land is ridiculous. If the cost of the meat comes out to more than the grocery store, I don't see the point.

I'm in CA also, and find wild pig delicious, but paying a guide and/or a fee to hunt private land is ridiculous. If the cost of the meat comes out to more than the grocery store, I don't see the point.
Whether guided or not, the cost to hunt or fish will always be more than going to a grocery store after you factor in licenses, guns/ammo/rods/reals/bait/transportation, and processing.

Used to go to Paso Robles, lots of hogs but the farmers and wineries who were always crying about crop damage decided to charge $500 a day for the privilege. A couple friends who live in the area told me some locals sneak into the old Camp Roberts, hunt hogs and hang the hides on the fence to let people know. Hope you have deep pockets, you could drive to Texas and hunt for a week on the same money including room and meals.
I hope they have their farms and vineyards completely tore up by the Hogs. This is exactly why Arizona will not allow guided or paid hunts for hogs. All it does is spread the problem around because people are trying to make a bunch of money off an invasive species that is already hard as hell to control.

Hello all I live in southern California and I was wondering if anyone new of a place to hunt hogs hear ty
Did you find an outfitter/place to hunt? If so, how was your experience?

I live in NC, but I've got family in Lompoc and go to visit sometimes. Though it's hard to imagine doing anything with a firearm in CA anymore, I would love to explore the possibility of a hog hunt for one of my trips. Any personal experience you can provide would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Try Fort Hunter Ligget. Check out their website. It is a military installation and you need to get some things ahead of time. We have killed a couple there.
https://fthunter.isportsman.net/default.aspx
When I was stationed in Sacramento we drove down to Hunter Ligget. We didn't shoot any was it was a good time.
We stayed in their lodging and were told if we killed anything not to skin it in the shower, it freaked out housekeeping.

I'm in Atascadero so near you. I am hunting private ranches, but I know not everyone can do that, so I suggest going to Hunter Ligget, if your prior military I would just go to Vandenberg, I just got a deer there and I'm gonna go back for a pig pretty soon. There is also some area in the forestry area around ligget, pozo. And maybe off the 166.

You're all right....hunting in CA is tough. Pigs and coyotes are the only thing you can hunt year round. Both are everywhere. If you're from out the area and gotta pay someone —- Oakstone and Bitterwater outfitters have great hunts in the Paso area. If you're in the Santa Maria area get a hold of me and I can setup some great hunts on private ranches. Vandenberg has some good hunting if you have access

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.