Hog durability question

Status
Not open for further replies.
If, you made a "perfect shot" you would have caused instant death, by destroying the heart.

How many animals have you?, Killed cleanly?

If the animal bleeds out, it dies. If you hit it right it dies.

Loss of blood will stop the heart at some point. About 7-10 litres will do it.

Actually, I have taught english and physics. Many years ago....

Your last post about no experience, not understanding the tool, and not respecting the quarry.....

What makes you think you have the right or knowledge to say that? Do you know my background? Were you there? Did you see it happen?

No experience, huh? First time hunting with a crossbow, yes. Lack of understanding, no. I simply trusted my friend, who has been hunting longer than probably both of us have been alive. I had no reason not to trust him. I put the arrow in the best place I could. I have a very good understanding of anatomy, and I have been butchering and doing vet work on animals for 20 years. The arrow should have gone through the rear of the heart and both lungs at a 90 degree angle, if everything was where it should have been (meaning organs). I had shot the crossbow at a target before hunting, so I knew where it shot. I was calm when I shot the deer and I noted all behavior and cues from the deer. Everything indicated that she died in about 7 seconds and was laying in the bushes, dead as a doornail.

How many animals have I killed "cleanly"? I have no idea, hundreds if not thousands. I take no joy in the taking of life, but I do it as quickly as possible. Ask anyone who knows me or has hunted with me and they will tell you that I do not "miss". I was taught to kill the animal as quickly and humanely as possible.

Actually, I have taught english and physics. Many years ago....

Your last post about no experience, not understanding the tool, and not respecting the quarry.....

What makes you think you have the right or knowledge to say that? Do you know my background? Were you there? Did you see it happen?

No experience, huh? First time hunting with a crossbow, yes. Lack of understanding, no. I simply trusted my friend, who has been hunting longer than probably both of us have been alive. I had no reason not to trust him. I put the arrow in the best place I could. I have a very good understanding of anatomy, and I have been butchering and doing vet work on animals for 20 years. The arrow should have gone through the rear of the heart and both lungs at a 90 degree angle, if everything was where it should have been (meaning organs). I had shot the crossbow at a target before hunting, so I knew where it shot. I was calm when I shot the deer and I noted all behavior and cues from the deer. Everything indicated that she died in about 7 seconds and was laying in the bushes, dead as a doornail.

How many animals have I killed "cleanly"? I have no idea, hundreds if not thousands. I take no joy in the taking of life, but I do it as quickly as possible. Ask anyone who knows me or has hunted with me and they will tell you that I do not "miss". I was taught to kill the animal as quickly and humanely as possible.
Ahh, I was right. You are a Chalky.

If you do not like taking life, do not Hunt.

If you can not do it well, do not Hunt.

It's not about where an arrow/bolt "Should" have or how an animal would have been dead in 7 seconds, that's not what happened.

How long has your friend been Hunting young fella?

Loss of blood will stop the heart at some point. About 7-10 litres will do it.
I have no idea how much it lost or made, I didn't collect and measure it, nor did I bother to ask the deer. The important thing is that no deer that I know of has that much blood, which is what you suggested.
You seem to be posting just for the sake of arguing.

The deer could have lost 3 liters and passed out, then made 3 or 4 more, but that is not what matters.
You could bleed 20 liters at a rate that is sustainable and you would have lost 4-5 times as much as a person has to begin with. Does that make you 4-5 times as dead? No. It has no bearing on what is being discussed here, which has gotten far enough off track as it is.

Put a cork in it, mate. You sound like a blowfish.

My friend is in his 80's and has been hunting since he was a kid. I really would like to know what point you are trying to make, because you are just talking in circles. I never said I was not good at killing, I just said I didn't enjoy it. There is a difference. I love to eat meat, but I take no joy in the act of killing.

I believe the thread was originally about the durability of an animal, which is what I was contributing to in my writing.

I'll ask you this....how many animals have you killed, and how many have you killed cleanly? Have you ever had one not go down instantly or lost one? How many have you wounded? How many took a second shot?

Well, I have missed, clean missed.
I have even wounded some.

The majority, a large majority statistically speaking, most have been clean kills to many have succumb to one shot, others were followed up and cleanly dispatched on the same day, actually within minutes.

Then stop bashing me for an animal that survived a shot that should, and normally would have, killed it.

It was an example of a durable animal that I added to the conversation in an effort to further the knowledge of those who appreciate it. Please leave it as such.

I'm curious what a jury has to do with this. If you are referring to the members of this forum, YOU are the only one starting a fight here. Nobody else has had any problem with what I wrote, so the "jury" is out.

You can stop now and find something else to do. I have reported you and will no longer respond to your rude and demeaning comments.

Whenever I am asked to put someone s horse down I use a 12 gage with buck shot. People usually won't be there to watch but incase they do I don't want them to see their horse flopping around.stand back a few yards for total brain coverage.
Three questions , What would possess you to do such a thing to start with and then tell us about it and what does it have to do with this thread ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts