Hog Feeder

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
I know that there are several post on this subject. Just trying to find so I started another one.
This is what i use for HOG Hunting. It is a 10" PVC pipe buried 18" vertically. Fill with rotten corn. Only one hog can get their snout into the pipe at a time so there is a backup line of HOGS trying to get in.
Just filled it again to see if we can draw some piggies in.
Used this system for years and works great!!!

Attachments

• Hog feeder corn.jpg
    Hog feeder corn.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 133
  • Hog feeder.jpg
    Hog feeder.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 129
  • Hog feeder2.jpg
    Hog feeder2.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 129
  • Hog feeder3.jpg
    Hog feeder3.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 132
Looks like it is worth a try!
It may be a 12" or 10" diameter PVC Pipe either will work. Burry vertically 18" in the ground. I always get corn and put in a 5 gallon bucket and fill with water. Let sit for a week or two to ferment and start to stink. The pour into the pipe. and around the ground. We have shot many dozens of hogs this way. If hogs are in the area set up a camera and check their roaming pattern. Saves a lot of time in the stand when you know the time they will be at your Pipe Feeder.
Another tip is when they come in if there is a SOW and other smaller ones with her--Shoot her first, then the other hogs won't know what to do in the first few seconds. You can shoot a few more. If there is a Sow and you don't shoot here -- when she takes off they all follow.
Now if there are Boars just shoot the one you want. We don't keep the larger Boars 200 + lbs. We just keep all the little ones around 100 LBS.
Piglets are the best!

If you get bored I would suggest trying a small rain/food barrel with swivels, chain and t-post. Put a single hole in it maybe the size of a CR123 batt(what my thermal uses). Some corn will get out, but they have to work hard. Put maybe 30 rocks in it larger than the hole. Squirt syrup inside barrel as well and maybe some Kool Aid powder. I've had them come back for weeks on end day after day long after corn is gone. Easily the best 'hands free' feeder approach I've had that keeps them coming back long after the actual food is gone. Literally the first stop with thermal....check the rock barrel.

If you get bored I would suggest trying a small rain/food barrel with swivels, chain and t-post. Put a single hole in it maybe the size of a CR123 batt(what my thermal uses). Some corn will get out, but they have to work hard. Put maybe 30 rocks in it larger than the hole. Squirt syrup inside barrel as well and maybe some Kool Aid powder. I've had them come back for weeks on end day after day long after corn is gone. Easily the best 'hands free' feeder approach I've had that keeps them coming back long after the actual food is gone. Literally the first stop with thermal....check the
Check out my previous post on 'hog barrels'. We have had great results with these for many years. I would not however suggest adding any sticky liquids to the barrel as it will just clog up the holes with soggy, expanded corn.

Check out my previous post on 'hog barrels'. We have had great results with these for many years. I would not however suggest adding any sticky liquids to the barrel as it will just clog up the holes with soggy, expanded corn.

The smells and sound are what keep them coming back at the *chance* to have food. They don't care if anything comes out or not hence the rocks. That's the beauty of sweet smells and sounds long after the corn is gone it keeps them coming back. To your point if you are worried about clumps don't add syrup, but never had any issues with food being left in there I believe rocks and rolling the barrel break it up. Only thing left in there is rocks at the end.

Last edited:
I know that there are several post on this subject. Just trying to find so I started another one.
This is what i use for HOG Hunting. It is a 10" PVC pipe buried 18" vertically. Fill with rotten corn. Only one hog can get their snout into the pipe at a time so there is a backup line of HOGS trying to get in.
Just filled it again to see if we can draw some piggies in.
Used this system for years and works great!!!
When doing this will horses try and eat the fermented corn?