Hog Hunting in Sacramento Area

espomike

Hey All,

My son just finally got his hunting license ( 9 years old) and I am really trying to teach him how hunt properly, without having to spend $700+ doing it. Does anyone know of good public lands in the northern cali sacramento area that are good for hunting pigs? Any private land owners that want to make some extra cash can pm me?

Mike

Hey Mike,

Any luck finding a place to hog hunt? I've been told there are hogs south of us at Ft. Hunter Liggett, around Clear Lake and in the Mendocino National Forest.

I have not hunted any of these areas but I have asked around and these are the areas I was told holds hogs. It's really unfortunate that the ranchers and outfitters charge so much to hunt hogs. This is really discouraging as it's turning hog hunting into a rich man's sport in CA. Unless you put in your scouting time and can find them on public land.

Good luck and I hope you and your son get in to some hogs.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.