Highly don't recommend

Hot648

Getting your tonsils out as an adult, holy ****. Ended up back in the OR before I was extubated because I was bleeding like a champ. Now my throat is black a hurts.

Thanks for the recommendations on food earlier it is definitely appreciated

Getting your tonsils out as an adult, holy ****. Ended up back in the OR before I was extubated because I was bleeding like a champ. Now my throat is black a hurts.

Thanks for the recommendations on food earlier it is definitely appreciated
I did at 26 years old, thought I'd die for a while... o_O man it hurts! Good luck, With that said; later on, it was worth it. :cool: Cheers.

Got mine out at around 5-6 years old and was in the hospital for three days. They put me to sleep with Colorform on a strainer with a rag covering it. They would tell you to count backwards from 10 to 1. - goes to say how long ago that was. And yes lots of Ice Cream!
My experience also. The Doc did it in his office. After I woke up, we went home. I remember the ice cream more than the tonsillectomy. In the early 50's.

Got mine out at around 5-6 years old and was in the hospital for three days. They put me to sleep with Colorform on a strainer with a rag covering it. They would tell you to count backwards from 10 to 1. - goes to say how long ago that was. And yes lots of Ice Cream!
Same here, CST. The shocker was that they actually grew back in their entirety and I had to do it again at age 12!

Wife had hers out as an adult, flat out leveled her for weeks. Probably took another couple months for her to gain back to her normal weight. Solved the issue, but it looked miserable.

Have had some brutal surgeries and injuries over the years, I'd rather break my femur again than have my tonsils out as an adult...