High Middle Cost Scope input needed

I have read that the Leupold VX-6HD has had tracking issues. Been discussed over on Snipers Hide a bit and maybe here also. I believe that the VX-5 has same glass and seems to have a better record on tracking.
Bruce
The glass in the vx5hd is the same glass in the vx6hd. For my aplcations the open top tuerrit and caped windedge are great. As far as tracking I think the vx5hd would be a better choice. I was just able to test the glass in my leupold vx5hd, on the deer in my back yard. At 8:07 at night, I was able to count 5 does in the back yard with almost no trouble at all, I was amazed at the low light clarity and crispness of the glass! I do not know much about the ziess v4, but I love the low turrit on the vx5hd.

Well,

I still havent had time to write up a full review but, I am very pleased with my choice. Went with the Zeiss V6 5-30X50 and I did shoot it out to 1000yds a couple weeks ago and it tracked perfectly. I can also verify that the reticle marks are accurate at the 25X that Zeiss calls for. The only criticism that I have is I wish the power selector ring was knurled more aggressively than it is. Its not bad, but it could be better. When life calms down, I'll see about posting some pics and a full write up.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.